Twenty-Two

"O and U together can differentiate in pronunciation. Sometimes it says, O, sometimes Oo, sometimes Aah, sometime-"

Guinevere explained as Obadiah stared at her with his lips quirked.

He was supposed to be writing the letters out, but Guinevere was a most beautiful distraction.

It was strange for him to say, but with her, he felt regular.

He didn't feel like an abused boy.

He felt like a man.

He didn't have someone to explain what it really meant to be a man, but he felt like this was right.

It'd been two days since their time at the waterfall.

Since he kissed her.

He hadn't kissed her again, but the feelings he had grew stronger.

And to make it even better, he hadn't had a nightmare since the Lord spoke to him.

He was moving forward and choosing to believe in the Lord.

It worked.

He was safe to grow and try new things.

For once, his life was pleasant.

"Obadiah, are you listening?"

He nodded and quickly jotted down the letters.

"O and U," He echoed, making her narrow her pretty eyes.

Guinevere placed her hands on her hips and hummed. "You've exposed yourself, Obadiah. Please spell thorough," She giggled as he grumbled. "You will do well. I do believe listening helps," She teased and walked to the kitchen.

This is how it was supposed to be.

She loved it.

Obadiah was confident about the feelings he had for her, despite his newness to it all.

And she was accepting them without fear.

Warmth coated her cheeks as she filled the tea kettle.

She was glad to reciprocate the feelings as well.

It was a lovely feeling to know that Obadiah wouldn't reject her feelings or push her away in public.

Neither of them had pursued forever before, but it was off to a wonderful start.

Their time at the falls was simply delightful.

When Lydia woke up, Isaiah followed shortly after, ending the intimate time they had together.

Unlike any other man, Obadiah didn't mind.

He still hesitated to interact with the children, but she could tell he liked them.

Seeing them together made her heart flutter.

She even briefly wondered what it would be like to have a child with him.

Very briefly.

She turned into a tomato and he noticed.

He always noticed everything about her.

She liked that.

She liked everything about him.

However, she didn't know much about him.

She knew he was forty-six, a beekeeper, and a woodworker.

It wasn't bad that she didn't know much, as she understood that the finer details of his life and upbringing weren't something he wanted to discuss.