Seto lightly pushed it away, his face flushed with embarrassment, "Oh no please, I can't. Let me pay for it."

Barter insisted and placed the band in Seto's hand, "You know you've always been like my own boy, watched you as you grew up. I insist, keep it."

He hesitated, then reluctantly took the band. Pulling down his purple hood he removed his old black band from his head. Then tied the new one around his head, letting his bangs hang free from confinement.

"Looks good, it's a keeper right?"

Seto nodded and grinned, "Thank you."

Seto turned to leave, the crowd surrounding him as he did. Barter called out and said one last thing, "Be careful, them sorcerers are gettin' more crazy."

Seto made the quick trip out of the market only stopping to buy some flour for his mother. Then traveling up the roads closer to the center of the capital.

A large estate sat off on one of the many sandstone hills, cobblestone walls topped with iron fences surrounded the perimeter. He entered the premises and pulled out a small iron key, unlocking the door he let himself in.

"I'm home ma, I brought you some flour." Seto called out as he walked to the kitchen after closing and locking the door behind him. His mother was quietly humming to herself as she pulled a fresh batch of cookies out.

Seto set the bag of flour down on the counter and dusted himself off, "More cookies? They smell great."

"They're for you silly, but you can't have any now." Seto's mother was one of the most admired people in Keuta, she could never leave anyone in need alone, and besides that she was beautiful.

"They had another hanging today," Seto quietly said as he took the flour and opened the bag. He took the contents and poured them in a separate container.

"Another? That's a real shame, who was it?

"Trader Johnson."

"Johnson? He couldn't! That man was as gentle as a fly, he couldn't hurt anyone."

"I'm just glad they caught him before anything bad happened."

"Seto," her voice was covered in shock, "You don't mean that, Johnson was like a mentor to you." She frowned over at Seto but didn't stop mixing the batter.

Seto stood their shifting his feet uncomfortably then quickly said, "I'm going to finish packing."

She made no noise of acknowledging Seto and continued staring down her bowl as if she were having a staring contest with it. Seto rushed away, making the quick walk to the stairs and then taking them up two at a time. Taking a left he stopped at his door and pushed it open.

The small confines of Seto's room sent relief washing over him. Technically his room was for storage, hence why it was so small in such a large estate, but Seto much preferred smaller spaces as to larger ones. When you enter there is a large oak bookshelf next to his door filled with books of all shapes and sizes, the smell of old books and papers washed over Seto like heaven.

"I only have to finish packing in a few books," Seto muttered to himself as he glanced at his bag resting on his bed. In it were some clothes, money, and toiletries, now he just needed the entertainment.

He took one glance at his shelf of books and sighed, he had the same books lying around and had read them all more than enough times. He then thought to visit his father's study, hoping he would find something new.

Seto left his room and walked down the stairs, instead of taking the right to the kitchen he took a left. Two tall dark oak doors greeted him at the end of the hall, with a careful knock he waited for a reply. When he received none he pushed the door open very slightly and peered in, his father was not in so he decided to wait for him inside.