January 24, 1999 Part: 3

Start from the beginning

 The two slept for a couple of hours until Charlotte started crying. Severus got up and bought her over to the bed so he could change her diaper. Y/N sat up sleepily undoing her pajama top again.

 “I’ll take her when you’re done,” she said as she watched carefully. As soon as he had her wrapped and handed off to Y/N the other one woke up crying.

 “Once I take her, can you find me something to eat? I’m starving,” she asked sweetly. “Of course, Princess. Do I need to send Netty up to help you?,” he asked.

 “No, in fact. Everyone can leave and return tomorrow. I think we have this covered,” she announced.

 A look of worry spread over his face, “Are you sure?” he asked curiously. “I want to be alone with you and the girls, please,” she begged him. 

“As you wish, I’ll let them know,” he said as he handed off Stevie to Y/N. A moment later, Netty and Grandmother came in to wish them a goodbye for the day. 

Grandmother leaned over giving her a sweet hug, “You did so good, Y/N. I love you,” she whispered.

 “I love you too, Grandmother. I think we have this taken care of. If you wish, you may bring my parents back tomorrow, after lunch preferably,” she replied.

 “Of course, dear. Try to rest when they are sleeping,” she told her before leaving. Netty said she would be back in the morning to help and let the two rest.

 “You’ve been wonderful, Netty. I appreciate it,” Y/N told her before the woman left. “My pleasure, dear,” Netty replied.

 Once Y/N had the girls to sleep, she laid them each on the bed so she could get up and replace them into their bassinets. Y/N quietly left the room, letting the girls sleep while she went downstairs to finally be alone with her husband.

 “What are you making?” she asked as she walked into the kitchen. “You refuse to rest I see,” he huffed. 

“I’m fine. I cannot stay in bed all day. I will lay down again after we eat,” she said as she walked behind him, wrapping her arms around his torso.

 “I’m making your favorite, pancakes and potatoes,” he said looking over his shoulder at her. Y/N went to sit patiently at the table to wait on her food. “Was Pansy sad? I only got to see her for a moment,” she asked curiously. 

“Yes, she was. She’s been working on locating someone associated with the death eaters. The ministry is trying to locate them for some questioning,” he replied with a look over his shoulder. “Oh fantastic,” Y/N replied blankly. 

“Your parents will come tomorrow afternoon. When school is over, I figure Fleur and Draco will come by. I am trying to stagger everyone showing up so you have time to rest,” he announced. 

“Does Minerva know?” she asked curiously. “The entire school knows the twins are here,” he replied with a smile. 

Finally, Severus brought over the food for her

Finally, Severus brought over the food for her. “You’re the best, in the whole world,” she replied as she dug into the food. “Does it hurt when they breastfeed?” he asked as he sat down across from her.

 A smile spread across her face as if to hold back a giggle, “My nipples are killing me. I didn’t know what it would feel like but it’s less pleasant than I imagined. I’m sure it will get easier once the three of us are used to it,” she replied. 

“You looked like a natural, coming downstairs demanding your babies,” he smiled at her. “They are mine, ours. I don’t like people taking them away from me. You don’t bother me but I kinda feel anxious with other people touching them,” she said blankly.

 “I understand completely,” he reassured her with a soft smile. 

“I might need help tonight, not falling asleep while I’m feeding them. We have to make sure when they are done, they go right back into their beds,” she informed him.

 “I’ll do anything you need me to,” he replied. 

“Put another baby in me,” she smiled at him. “You need to calm down and eat,” he chuckled softly. 

“Once we get them down tonight, I would love it if you helped me shower,” she told him. “Of course, Daddy will help you. I still have to take care of my Princess,” he replied.