Chapter 14

Chloe's POV:

We were now back home, sitting in the living room like the usual. Luna's back in her sweatpants and hoodie combo after she showered.

"Ready for school?" She asked, the first time she breaks the silence.

"Gosh why did you have to remind me."

"You don't want to go?"

"No, no it's nothing like that."

"Then?"

"I have to explain why did I skip school for months to my best friend, and I'm not ready for this conversation."

"Why did you skip school?" She asked looking deeply into my eyes. I was battling with myself. Should I tell her? Should I keep quiet?

"Euhm you know.." I fiddled with my fingers on my lap. Luna took a sip from her whiskey and turned towards me again, waiting for me to continue.

"Well, my dad was abusive, mom too. That's it." I didn't know how am I supposed to tell her the story.

"Why are you afraid of small places?"

"I used to hide from dad in the closet. Since then I became so afraid."

"Why you stopped singing?" Her asking me questions is a good strategy.

"My brother who was always by my side, left us. Leaving me alone with my parents. He used to always encourage me but after he left I lost all my love for music." Luna nodded understanding.

"Is your father the reason of your nightmares?"
I nodded trying not to cry.

She sighed clenching her jaw.

I could feel blood coming out of my finger, I was abusing it the whole time. Luna looked down at it and frowned.

She got up, left to the kitchen and came back holding what looked like a first aid kit.

"You hand." I gave her my hand and avoided looking at her while she did the work.

She makes me nervous for some reason.

"Want to go for a ride?"

"It's 10 at night Luna."

"So?"

"Let's go." I said as she smirked and got up. "I have to get a jacket one second."

"Chloe." I looked back at her, she was holding a black hoodie out to me.

I walked slowly towards her, taking it from her hand. And putting it on.

Oversized, comfy and smells nice. Amazing.

We went outside, like the usual she helped me with my helmet and up the bike.

We were rinding quiet fast this time. I trust Luna though.

I held Luna's shoulder tightly as I stood up screaming from joy.

We arrived to the same beach as last time, we took out our helmets. Luna got off the bike, lit a cigarette and stood a bit far from me.

I looked at the beach. The wave hitting the shore aggressively cause of the wind. It's so cold here, even Luna's hoodie is not helping that much.

She looked at me, took off her hoodie and gave it to me.

"No, how am I supposed to put that on. Wear it yourself it's cold. You're wearing nothing but a tshirt under it."

She walked towards me. Putting the hoodie on my head and basically forced me to wear it. My hair was stuck under it so she helped me get it out. Her touch on my neck made my whole body freeze.