January 23, 1999 Part 1

January 23, 1999

“I am the size of a house,” Y/N announced as she admired herself in the bathroom mirror. Severus walked in, seeing her standing on a stool to look into the mirror above the sink. “We could get a larger mirror so you wouldn’t have to do this so dangerously,” the man said as he rolled his eyes. 

“It’s fine. After tomorrow I’ll probably wish to never see my body in the mirror again,” she sighed as she carefully stepped down from the stool. “You will still be beautiful to me, no matter what. Tomorrow you will be the mother of my children, and not just my pregnant wife anymore,” he smiled. 

The fall had passed by rather quickly into winter. The two had the most lovely intimate time in Iceland for their belated honeymoon. When they weren’t outside watching the aurora borealis, they were inside making love.

 Draco had proposed to Fleur at Christmas time in true Malfoy form, giving her a ring that was rather obnoxious. To his surprise, his parents loved Fleur and her soft independent personality. Even grandmother had become accustomed to Draco, teasing him relentlessly at all of their Sunday evening dinners. 

Instead of going to work at her fathers law firm, Pansy had decided she would be better suited as an Auror for the Ministry. She had sent an owl saying she was away on mission but would try to be back for the birth. 

“Can you help me put on my shoes?” Y/N asked as she slumped back on the sofa. She had a look of defeat on her face for not being able to do much for herself anymore. “I’ll miss how much you need me,” Severus joked as he knelt down helping her get her tennis shoes on for their walk.

 “I will still need you for so many things. I’m going to have two starving babies attached to me constantly,” she replied with a smirk. “I’m already a bit jealous of how much they will need you. I won’t be able to do much except hold them and change diapers,” he sighed as he rose from the floor. 

“You will be just an integral, I promise. I have a feeling Charlotte is going to be a papa’s girl,” she smiled up at him as he lent a hand to lift her from the sofa. “They both will be papas girls. Baron will be the mama’s boy,” he huffed. “How do you know that?” she smirked.

“Every little boy is a mama’s boy,” he replied as he held her coat for her to put on. “Were you? I would have loved to see little Severus following his mother around,” she chuckled. 

“I didn’t have much of a choice. The other option wasn’t quite as pleasant,” he sighed. “I suppose I was a daddy’s girl. I preferred spending time with him when he was home. He liked to take me on outings with him, to get away from my mother,” she giggled. 

Severus smirked, “Can’t say I blame him,” he replied as they walked out the door. It was a chilly winter day, but at least it was sunny. “She has been on her best behavior. It almost makes me feel like a liar for how she is acting now. It looks like I was making it all up,” Y/N replied. 

“I think she is trying to secure herself as the favorite grandmother,” he chuckled. “It’s almost irritating to be honest. That is not the woman who raised me,” she said with annoyance. 

“This is our last walk to the lake alone, Princess

“This is our last walk to the lake alone, Princess. Next time, we’ll have babies with us,” he smiled down at her as they walked. “Surreal. I feel like I’m talking about someone else's life, at least until Charlotte kicks my cervix. Then it brings me back to reality,” she announced. 

“I get to enjoy you one last time tonight,” the man replied as they walked. “I will still be able to help you, if we ever get a moment. I don’t know how we will wait 6 weeks. That seems like an impossible amount of time,” she remarked.

 “I think it will be impossible to get in the mood with two crying babies attached to us at all times,” he responded as they walked. “They are going to be the best, quietest babies. I know it. I’m going to will it into existence,” she said in a reassuring voice. 

“I got you a little gift you can open when we get home. I picked it up when I went to get more film for the camera,” he smiled down at her. “Oh, a gift. I can’t wait. You always give the best gifts,” she replied excitedly. 

“The least I can do. You’re able to push two babies out, in our house for some inexplicable reason,” he remarked.

 “Netty said it would be fine. I’ve been working on my breathing. I won’t be able to have any pain potions until they are both out. She said it will numb my senses and I won’t know when to push. That part is terrifying,” she announced. 

“What do you want me to do? Catch?” he joked as they sat down on the cold rocks, looking out at the freezing lake. “I figured you could sit on the sofa reading a book while Netty and I take care of this,” she joked. 

“Not a chance,” he huffed back at her. “I’m teasing you. You can be there to soothe me but I would prefer you not look directly at the action. It might make you feel weird about me,” she remarked.

 Severus rolled his eyes, shaking his head, “It will not bother me, I assure you. Part of me is fascinated on how this is going to work,” he replied. Y/N looked up to the sky, “Please Merlin make this go fast,” she said. 

“I will help you kick start it tonight. I’m going to enjoy every piece of your beautiful body tonight,” he grinned as he leaned down, giving her a soft kiss. “I have no doubt, but I will require a nap first,” she replied. 

“Do you feel like walking back?” he asked softly

“Do you feel like walking back?” he asked softly. “Yes, I need to walk, unfortunately. Then, I deserve a snack and a nap, in that order,” she said as she reached up for his hand. 

“I got you some croissants,” the man replied as they started walking. “Trying to get your dick sucked right now I see,” she joked cheekily. Severus huffed, “I don’t need to bribe you with bread to get that,” he retorted.