"He was released today, before his trial. I have heard yelling and I have interfered. Larys was disturbing your wife." his brother explains.

He gets very angry at the news of Larys near his wife. His fists tighten and he looks at Aemond, his violet eyes boring into his brother's.

"Where is he now?" Aegon asks, his tone turning threatening.

Aemind shrugs, "I do not really know, brother."

"That man was near her again? How could father allow this?! After what he put her through?" he says, rage engulfing him.

"Did he touch her?" Aegon's breathing becomes shallow, he grips his fists tightly, turning pale as ice as a shiver of fury sweeps through him.

"Did he touch her?" he repeats, shouting this time.

"Stop yelling." Aemond rolls his eyes and covers his ears, "I do not know that either. When I arrived, she was charging at him."

"Charging at him?!" he exclaims. "Why in seven hells would she charge at him?!"

Aegon breathes heavily, trying to calm down his anger, "I swear...if I hear that he did touch her...I will cut his hands off myself!"

The maester opens the door slowly and nods towards the two men. "My Prince, your wife is awake and she has some news."

"News?" Aegon asks, worried and scared about what Reina will tell him. Aemond pats his shoulder and smiles at him.

"I am sure they are happy news."

Aegon is left there dumbfounded, watching his brother leave the room and the maester waiting patiently for him to move from the place he had been sitting in for the past few minutes.

He breathes out and nods towards the maester, thanking him for his services before he makes his way towards their chambers, where his wife is resting in.

•••

Reina looks up, alarmed, when she hears the doorknob. She sighs when she sees the silver haired man entering.

"Aegon." she smiles, fiddling with her fingers.

"Are you alright?" he cups her face in his hands and inspects her face, in sign of anything wrong.

"Yes, I am." Reina smiles and moves so that he can sit on the bed.

"Did he touch you?" Aegon asks, anger coursing through his veins, remembering his conversation with Aemond.

"Who?" she frowns in confusion, gripping his hand in hers.

"Larys...Aemond told me he is out." he sighs, rubbing her knuckles. "What did he want?"

"He wanted to apologise." the woman scoffs.

"That bastard-" he grips her hand, feeling angrier than ever, "I am going to kill him."

Reina's eyes widen at her husband's words, finding it really strange for him to act this way. He hates Larys, she knows that. She also knows that he will do anything to protect her from him, but the threat makes her feel scared for his own safety.

"No. He will be punished, his trial is tomorrow. He wanted to make peace before he will suffer the consequences." she reassures him, trying to convince him that what he is implying is not a good thing to do.

"How could I let him live, Reina?! After what he did to you?!" he runs a hand through his hair, feeling exasperated.

"Listen to me-"

"You did not listen to me when I told you to let me think about a way to punish your father and brother. You stole Sunfyre and killed them! You did what you want without listening once to my words! Why should I listen to you now?" he shouts, letting go of her hands.