{15}

Harry

I went to the store to buy a couple things for dinner. I bought a whole rotisserie chicken, some vegetables that I didn't have at the house, a bottle of wine, and a loaf of French bread.

When I got home I baked the chicken a little longer inside the vegetables: carrots, celery, potatoes, and bell peppers. I set up a basket for me to put the meal in while I was finishing up some stuff with dinner. I made a green bean salad and garlic bread to go with the chicken and vegetables as well.

I placed two plastic cups into the basket for the wine. I didn't want to break any nice wine glasses, and the chances of Niall letting me drink were very slim.

I looked at the clock, noticing I only had about thirty minutes tops to get to the gym and set up for Niall.

I grabbed a small blanket off the couch and my keys before heading out to the car and going to the gym.

**

"Harry, you're so romantic." I smiled to myself while looking at my little set up for me and Niall.

I had a vase full of red roses that sat next to the picnic basket. The blanket I chose was covered in rose petals as well.

Maybe it was too much, but for Niall I'd go as extravagant as I wanted to be. Just to show how much I loved him.

I could hear the elevator door open down the hall and I knew Niall had arrived. I smiled quickly before leaving the main part of the gym and meeting him in the hall.

"Harry?" Niall asked.

"Hey." I smiled before wrapping my arms around him. It felt like forever since I had seen him or been near him.

"What's going on?" He asked.

"I just wanted to see you." I shrugged. I held onto his hand as I led him down the hall towards the main part of the gym.

"Do I smell chicken?" He asked. I didn't answer him, I just chuckled.

When we stepped into the gym and Niall saw the indoor candle light picnic I had set up for him, his eyes went as wide as his smile.

"Did you..." He was at a loss of words.

"I did."

"Harry." Niall gasped, letting go of my hand to wipe at his eyes. I looked down at him rather confused, why was he crying?

"Niall? Niall what's wrong? Don't you like it?" I asked.

"I love it, I do," He began to laugh at himself, still wiping away tears.

"What's wrong?" I asked him again.

"It's just. I just love you so much," He smiled. I smiled, too.

"I mean, it's just. We're just going through a lot of shit right now... And you're still finding ways to romantically surprise me." I smiled at that. He had to have known I would do something like this. I was just a romantic kind of guy. Well.... For Niall I was.

"Let's eat, I'm starving." I said, grabbing his hand and leading him to the blanket.

Niall wouldn't let me set up his plate; he had to do it himself.

"I brought wine." I smiled as I pulled out the bottle from the basket. Niall sculled me; I figured he would say no.

"Please? Just a small cup."

"Harry,"

"I won't go over board, you're here." I smiled lightly.

"Yeah, but you shouldn't drinking at all." His attitude told me no, but I knew he was bound to give in at some point, so I continued to give him the puppy dog eyes.