{13}

Niall

As we made our way inside the house that I use to call my own, I could feel even more tension rising.

"You're probably wondering why we're here..." I said awkwardly.

"I am." He said bluntly.

"I should have called,"

"Yeah."

As if Harry knew what I was thinking he said, "Well this is awkward."

I slapped him before turning my attention back to Daniel.

"Um... We need your help." I said.

"Obviously, why else would you be here?" He rolled his eyes. I sighed, looking down at my hands. How could I even stand to be here in the presence of my ex-fiancé and my new fiancé?

"Hey. Niall feels bad for what he did okay? We get it, you're mad at him for that. Anybody in their right mind would be, but can we move past that please?" Harry spit. I sighed of relief, I was glad Harry said something so we could move on.

"Want me to put you back in the hospital?" Daniel threatened. Harry and Dan both stood up, glaring at each other.

"Try me. I'm sober." Harry smirked.

"Both of you shut up and sit down!" I yelled. They both did as I said, and the tension rose even higher.

"Daniel, listen," I said, getting his attention towards me and not at Harry.

"I'm sorry for everything okay? But we really need your help. I could ask any other lawyer in this town, but you're the best I know and I figured if anyone could help us it would be you."

"What'd you do?" He asked, looking a bit nervous.

"We just need help getting out of our contracts."

"Contracts?" He asked, it took him a minute to remember before he nodded.

"I see. Do you have a copy anywhere?" He asked me.

"Uh, I think I have a copy of mine in the car. I have a copy of Harry's at home." I informed him.

Things were silent after that. Daniel and I just kept staring at each other, leaving Harry sitting there in an awkward position.

I couldn't bring myself to look away from Daniel, it was hard to believe that barley a year ago- Not even a year ago- I was relaxing with Daniel on this couch, kissing, cuddling, watching movies and drinking a glass of wine before we went to bed.

I threw it all away for Harry. I didn't regret it, but it was a much simpler time in my life that I wish I could have back... Just with Harry.

I wanted everything to be simple again, I just wanted it to be simple with Harry.

"What do I get in repay for helping you?" He asked.

"You put me in the hospital, you owe us." Harry cut in.

"It's because of you, Niall left me at the alter! If anything, you owe me!" He yelled.

"Guys please don't fight, not right now." I sighed.

Daniel leaned back in his seat, looking Harry up and down like he was a piece of raw meat or something. I didn't like that look, it was unsettling.

"We'll pay you." Harry said to Daniel.

"I charge £500 to £1,000 an hour." Daniel said. Harry gasped as if it was the craziest news he heard in his life.

I lived with him most of our relationship, I knew how much he charged and it wasn't cheap. Daniel was the best lawyer in the business and anyone who had money or wanted money, wanted him. He could win anybody's case; he was a great arguer and fantastic with numbers and facts.