{2}

Harry

I was awoken by something landing in my lap. When I opened my eyes I saw a newspaper and at the foot of my bed I saw my nurse.

"I thought you'd like to know how you ended up here, Mr. Styles," she said.

"Where's Niall? Where's my fiancé?" I asked, almost panicking that maybe I had dreamed last night and that he said yes to marrying me.

I watched as she lifted her arm and pointed in a direction next to my bed. I looked beside me and saw Niall sleeping on the chair. He looked so uncomfortable. Why didn't he crawl into the bed with me? I would have much rather have that.

"Are you hungry, Mr. Styles?" my nurse asked.

I nodded and told her that I just wanted some toast and grapes. As soon as she left I pulled the newspaper towards me and right on the front page in big bold letters was the headline: FAMOUS BOXER GETS BEATEN BY HIS LOVER'S EX.

I gasped loudly and it woke up Niall. He sat up and I tried to hide the newspaper from him. I looked over at him to see Niall smile at me.

"Good morning, Harry," he said as he stretched his arms above his head.

"Actually it's afternoon..." Nialls eyes widened. "Don't feel bad, I just woke up as well..."

Nialls eyes diverted from mine and went to my hand that was hiding the newspaper.

"What's that?"

He reached over and tried to grab it, so I slapped his hand away.

"Ow!" He pouted. "Why'd ya do that for?"

"You don't need to see it."

"Yes I do."

He tried to reach for it again and I slapped his hand a second time.

"Harry!"

"Niall!"

He scrunched up his face and I chuckled.

"Harry, quit being childish and let me see what you're hiding."

He reached for a third time and I slapped away his hand again. What happened next surprised me; Niall slapped my hand back. My eyes widened so I slapped his hand again. Then we got into a slap fight. I know it was childish, but he started it. We kept telling each other to stop but neither of us did.

"Oh...am I interrupting something?"

Niall quickly sat back in his chair and I looked at the door to see my nurse holding a tray with the toast and grapes I wanted.

"Uh, no. No you're not, Sam. Uh, thanks for the...food."

She walked over to me with the tray at the same time Niall got his hands on the newspaper. I mentally cursed at myself for not hiding the newspaper under my leg or something. Sam left shortly after and closed the door behind her. I took a bite of my toast then slowly turned my head to see Niall reading the headline.

"Famous boxer gets beaten by lover's ex..." Then he gasped. "Are you fucking kidding me?! This must be some bloody joke!"

Well, he was pissed.

"Nia--"

"How could he?!" He gripped the newspaper tighter, "I'm gonna kill him!"

"Kill who, Mr. Horan?"

We both looked towards the door to see Sam standing there again.

"Uh...n-no one," he stammered.