Unknown

Author's note: This is my first story on Wattpad :). I would like to thank Jenny20 for making an amazing cover for Twisted Deceit. I'm not really an experienced author, so constructive criticism would be good. Please don't plagiarise/ steal ideas from my work as it took a long time for me to come up with these ideas. This work is COPYRIGHTED. Anyways, enjoy! :D

 Chapter 1

Sara's point of view

She sat perfectly poised on a mahogany hand crafted chair, her long French manicured nails delicately turning the pages of her electronic book, so as not to disrupt the line of antiques dividing her side of the table from mine.

"Sara, stop slouching and call your father," she demanded, keeping her eyes glued to it, not even bothering to take one glance at my direction.

I sat up a tad bit straighter, although my aching back and neck hated it. I was a disgrace to my mother, she wanted me to be perfect for we were one of the most respected families in Pangenda and it was up to me to protect our "image", or should I say, my mother's image.

"Sara Fiona Parker, call your father this instant!"

"Why can't you do it?"

"I'm the parent. You do whatever I tell you to do. Do you understand?"

"Yes," I mumbled.

"Yes what?"

"Yes...Ma'am."

I hesitantly diverted my attention to the grandfather clock, beginning to chew my fingernails but her cold glare was enough to stop me instantly.

"Sara, call him before I lose my patience."

Where was he?

"Sar-"

Father burst through the door, his face was kneaded into an anguished expression and it was covered in a thin layer of perspiration.

"What on earth were you doing?" Mother asked, in annoyance more than surprise. She cared about our "image" more than anything. Dirt, sweat or tears were never allowed to be present on any of us or mar anything that we owned. We had to be a role model for Pangenda.

"He's come back Tanya," he whispered, his eyes shifting towards the door every few seconds.

She slammed the book on the table as shock registered on her face, replaced by tears ruining her perfectly done mascara.

"Sara," she gulped, "Go to your room. Lock the door."

They stared at me expectantly while exchanging weary glances with each other.

"We love you."

I loved them too, so much that they would've never known, for I never expressed my real feelings to them. I didn't want to be hurt again. Trusting or even loving someone would result in disastrous consequences.

"Why is this man's arrival making you so anxious?What's going on?"

"Sara, don't try your crap with me now."

My throat constricted with fear as my heart began to palpitate wildly. Mother had never sworn before.

"Just go please, just go! I know I haven't said this to you but I really do love you. For the love of God, please go! " She begged.

"It's not safe here. Just remember that, no matter what, I love you. We love you," Father said.

"I love you too," I said, giving them a quick peck on the cheek. Who knows if this was the last time I'll ever see them?