Prologue

Miraal's dream was to become a doctor, she was a city girl with a strong spirit and a mind of her own. Since she was born, her father, Haroon Qureshi, and his friend Mukhtar Khan had arranged her engagement to Abrar Ahmed Khan. But neither Miraal nor Abrar really cared about the engagement, until Haroon Qureshi suddenly passed away.

When tough times come, even your closest ones might abandon you. Haroon Qureshi's death attracted some relatives who had been eyeing his land for years. Seeing Miraal in a vulnerable state, they found it easy to pressure her into getting engaged to her cousin, Zoheb Qureshi. Miraal suffered from mistreatment to the point where she felt she had no choice but to accept the engagement. However, as time went on, she discovered the real reason behind this forced relationship.

Once an independent girl, Miraal now sets off on a journey to reach out to her fiancé, seeing it as her last chance towards her freedom from this forced marriage.

___

Warning: Mature Content, mentions of SA and violence (Angst)

For the old readers ST was supposed to be a dark book but I had removed some triggering scenes because the book was for a younger audience, this book is for 18+ readers with dark imagery, graphical scenes, romance and loads of angst. Love you❣️