1

𝒵𝑒𝓅𝒽𝓎𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑒'𝓈 𝓅𝑜𝓋

𝒵𝑒𝓅𝒽𝓎𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑒'𝓈 𝓅𝑜𝓋

I paced down the corridors of the dark palace my footsteps were followed by the sound of my bare feet on the marble floor.

My heartbeat was beating at a dangerous rate, my fists clenched into one another, angry.

I marched into the dining area specifically for my family of a sister a brother, my father and mother.

I heard the news from my servants this morning as I gotten ready.. they were gossiping a bit too loudly for my elf ears, typical humans.

My family were conversing amongst one another, basking in the light the sun provided from the many windows.

I pushed the door open with my magic, the air forced the two heavy metal doors with a distracting 'bang!'

"I am to be married to WHOM?!" My voice echoed throughout the walls of the private dining area. The chattering stopped and air was still.

"You are to be married to the kings of Mysthaven! Is that a problem, child?" My Father, Betreloum stood up speaking with authority.

"You're weren't supposed to know so early dea-" my mother was shushed by my father.

I didn't know what to say, I was silenced by my father carelessness.. not shocked, silenced. I adjusted my frilly sleeves and took a deep breath before speaking once more.

My mother was worried, very worried about how me,  her youngest, dearest child were to react.

"Do I not have the right to make choices for myself?! Am I not of age to decide whom I am to marry?!" I yelled attempting to stand as tall as my father.

"YOU BEASTLY CHILD, YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO RAISE AUTHORITY AT THE KING?! GO TO YOUR CHAMBERS AT ONCE!" Veins popped through the forehead of my father, the giant always had horrible anger issues and if they were to worsen in the heat of an argument he would definitely form into his original state; a giant.

My mouth snapped shut and I made way out of the dining room. I was infuriated.

I went outside for a breath of fresh air, I suppose that would do me well.. right?

I walk out of the palace, yes on my own.. I'm my own protector.

A carriage with four beautiful black horses trotting in front of the castle grabbed my attention. I tilted my head and crossed my arms.

My vision zoomed in and I smiled. It was my best friend Philo!

Once the carriage was still the door opened forcefully, hitting the footman.

I giggle at Philo as he exits the carriage with confident strides.

"It is I, I'm here." He twirled before bowing. I bowed back and shook my head at his childish mannerisms.