Chapter 25

Semi edited.

~~~Ryot's pov~~~

Evan and I battle for the puck as I try to pass it to someone.

Thankfully I get it and I'm able to pass it to Jackson who's able to get a slap shot, scoring a goal.

I skate over to him and tell him nice shot.

I get off the ice to get something to drink when Owen comes over to me.

"Hey man, Everly is throwing up" He said quickly.

Shit.

My eyes widen. "Shit, is she ok?"

He nods. "Yeah I think so. She was treating me then all of a sudden she dove for the garbage can" He said.

I unlace my skates and walk in the direction of the treatment room.

Luckily practice is just about over so if coach wants to yell at me he can because I'm not missing much.

When I get to the room I see Everly hugging the trash can.

I walk to her and rub her back. "Are you ok baby?" I ask her.

She groans. "I love that you're here, but the smell of you is making me feel worse" She said.

Shit, I didn't think of that.

I stand up. "Ok, I'll go shower then I'll be right back.

I take the quickest shower possible and in less then 20 minutes I'm back by her side.

I rub her back. "What happened?"

"I was treating Owen and all of a sudden I felt like I had to throw up" She said.

"Is it something you ate?"

She shook her head. "No, I had stuff that wasn't perishable so I don't think that's it" She said.

I try to think about what could it be when one thing comes to mind.

I lean in close. "Do you think you could be pregnant?" I asked quietly.

She let's out a big breath. "It's a possibility since the pill is not 100% accurate" She said.

Shit.

I'm all for having a baby with Everly, but I thought we'd have more time before then, but you can't stop fate from happening.

What's meant to be will always be.

After she finally stops throwing up she cleans up in the bathroom and comes over to me, falling into my arms.

I kiss the top of her head. "It's gonna be alright Ev" I said softly to her.

"I'm scared" She muttered against my shirt.

I rub her back. "Why?"

"What if we're not ready to be parents?" She asked.

I gently grab her chin to make her look at me. "Baby... No one is ever really prepared to be parents, but regardless we'll be great parents and not only that, but we have a great support system to help us along the way."

She smiles at me. "I love it that you know exactly what to say to calm me down and if it wasn't for me throwing up I'd kiss you" She said.

I lean down to peck her nose. "I'm always here for you. Why don't we get out of here and head to the store to get some tests so we're not stressing out about what's going on and get our answers right away."