Chapter 19

Semi edited.

~~~Ryot's pov~~~

I anxiously bounce my knee as I wait for it to be my turn.

Thankfully I'm the only one in the office so I don't have to worry about anyone recognizing me.

I look around at the random paintings and the mini waterfall on the end table to the left of me, that's meant to be calming, and it would calm me if I wasn't so nervous already.

I never saw myself coming to this conclusion, but I'm really wishing I got the help when I needed it because everything would be ok.

I'm gonna work my hardest to make sure it's ok.

The door to my right opens up and a woman with glasses that looks around my mother's age walks out. "Ryot?" She called out to me.

I wipe my sweaty palms on my pants and stand up.

She opens her door and gestures for me to walk inside.

When I enter her room there's a huge couch adjacent to a chair where I'm assuming she sits.

I take a seat on the couch and like I figured she sits in the chair.

She grabs a note pad from the end table next to her and a pen. "Ok Ryot, why don't you tell me what brings you here today" She said.

I let out a breath. "When I was 13 my parents got a divorce due to my dad cheating on my mom and not only did I see him cheating, I had to tell her because I know he wouldn't do it, and I heard her crying. After that I made a vow to myself to never fall in love or be in a relationship so I never had to worry about that happening to me or someone I'm with, but that's recently changed is I've developed strong feelings for my best friend and I want to be able to not only be emotionally stable for her, but love her the way she loves me" I get out and begin to run my hands on my pants again.

I think I always felt something for Everly, but since we've become friends with benefits it's opened my eyes to what a relationship could really be together.

If you're thinking the sex woke me up then you're wrong, it's the intimacy we've been sharing.

There's times where we'll just cuddle on the couch watching tv and she gives me a sweet little kiss or I can't help but count the barely noticeable freckles on the bridge of her nose.

It's just little things like that get me thinking that we could have something really great, have a love story like her parents or even my brother and Avery.

She makes me feel hope that I'm capable of love and not letting fear overtake what could be the greatest thing to ever happen to me.

I know without a shadow of a doubt I could love Everly like she loves me, but I want to be 100% sure that I can give her what she wants.

For the time being I'll keep working on myself and becoming the man she deserves and when I'm ready I'll tell her how I feel and ask her to be my girl.

I thought about just saying fuck it and letting her know how I feel, but if something happens in our relationship and I get scared or something stupid, I don't want to hurt her, so it's better to be with her when I'm the man I'm supposed to be than just the man I am now and hope I don't fuck it up.

After I basically tell my life story to the therapist we talk about different things and how my childhood has impacted my adult life.

After the hour session I feel a little bit lighter and now I'm ready kicking myself in the ass for not going sooner.