Chapter 2

Semi edited.

~~~Ryot's pov~~~

I chew on my mouth guard as I impatiently wait for my time to be up in the penalty box, a habit I've been doing since I was a peewee league.

I watch as number 24 of the other team smirks at me as he skates by.

Fucking piece of shit.

The asshole thought it was a good idea to say shit about my mom, and I'm not really a big time fighter except when it comes to my family, then I'll knock your fucking head off.

I look at the clock to see I still have 3 minutes.

I hit my sick against the glass in frustration.

I watch as rookie steals the puck and skates down the ice towards the goal.

I stand up and bang my stick against the glass.

Come on rook.

Our opponents defense tries to get the puck away from him, but he passes it to Jackson just in time.

Rook get away from defense just time for Jackson to pass the puck back to him.

They're going for an assist.

They pass it back and forth quickly and the goalie doesn't know who to watch.

Before the goalie can block the shot, Jackson passes it back to rook and he takes the open shot getting it pass the goalie.

The buzzer goes off and the crowd goes wild.

"Lightning Lightning Lightning!" The crowd chants.

They throw their sticks above their heads celebrating their goal.

I'm honestly surprised Jackson let Rookie have it because Jackson usually makes the shots, but I guess he let the kid have his goal.

As I'm still waiting for my time to be over in the sin bin I hear a knock on the glass to the left of me.

I turn to look and see a beautiful woman holding up a sign with her phone number.

Now I'm not trying to be cocky or anything, but I am a good looking guy so I encounter these type of woman all the time.

There was a time where I would've ate that shit up, but that was awhile ago and not for me anymore.

Don't get me wrong I still do hookup with woman since I'm still a man with needs, but I don't do it as much as I used to.

I won't lie, I was a player when I first entered the league, sleeping with a new woman each night.

It was great in the beginning, but as I got older it didn't have the same appeal anymore and if you're thinking that's because I'm ready to settle down and look for the woman I'm gonna marry, you're wrong.

Now I'm not saying I wouldn't want to have kids because if I had my way I would, but I don't believe in love.

Well it's not that I don't believe in love it's that I've seen what the negative side of love can do and I don't want to go through that or even put someone through that so if I stay single no one gets hurt.

My time is finally up so I give the girl a wink and get back on the ice.

Finally.

I try not to let that piece of shit get in my head as I try to help my team win.

Right now we're tied with limited time so I know we gotta do something.

Jackson, our left winger goes for wrist shot aiming for the top right corner, but the goalie gets it.