Chapter 6

Semi edited.

~~~Everly's pov~~~

Ryot smiles when he sees me. "Hey roomie" He said.

Roomie? How does he know?

I stand up from the ground. "What do you mean roomie?"

He shuts the door behind him and looks at me with furrowed brows. "What do you mean? Av told me you were fine with living with me" He said.

I'm seriously going to kill Everly.

"Nope. She actually didn't tell me who my roommate would be, just a friend of hers who had a cat."

He snorted. "Yeah sounds like Ev" He said.

Shit... How is this going to work because I'm fine with working with him everyday, but living with him is something totally different except I don't think I have a choice.

I take out my phone. "Why don't we call my sister."

"Ok" He said.

I walk over to him and hit call, she answers within a few rings. "Hey... If it isn't my 2 favorite people" She said trying to look innocent.

I rolled my eyes. "Hello dear sister of mine, you have some explaining to do."

She nibbled on her lip looking guilty. "Ok, but I'm not going to apologize. You guys haven't talked in years and it's time that stops so I figured this would be one way to do it" She said.

Forced proximity... Her and her romance novels.

Ryot and I look at each other and our eye soften.

Even though she didn't go about it the right way she does have a point, it was time.

We turn back to the phone. "I understand your idea, but couldn't you have let us do that at work? You do remember we work together, right?"

"Yes, but this is way better, and you needed a place to stay" She said.

"Maybe you should've let me know that your sister didn't know we were going to be roommates" He said.

"Yeah, but would you have agreed to let her stay otherwise?" She asked.

That shut him up real quick.

"I know I probably didn't go about this the right way, but you'll thank me" She winked making us both roll our eyes.

A loud meow interrupts us. "I better go before Leo decides to take a bite out of one of us" Ry said walking to the refrigerator and grabbing a can of cat food.

I watch as he opens the can and puts it in the cats bowl, then gives him a kiss on the head and goes to rinse the can out.

He's a hot cat dad.

"Psst" Avery said.

I turn my head back to my sister. "What?"

She smirked. "You'll thank me later" She said.

I look over at Ryot washing some dishes and can't help but check out his ass.

Yeah, she's right.

I roll my eyes, but smile at her. "Yeah yeah. Alright I have to go so I'll talk to you later, but please no more meddling."

She grinned. "Ok. Have funnn" She winked and ended the call.

I slip my phone in my back pocket just as Ryot finishes the dishes.

We look at each other for a few minutes, the awkward tension permeating in the air.