Chapter 9

Semi edited.

I scan the channels for something to watch when there's a few knocks at the door.

I check and see it's around 11.

Who's at my door at this hour?

I get up off my bed and go to see who's at the door.

I check the peephole and see it's Ryot at my door.

I open the door and see Ryot is a mess.

His tie is hanging out of his suit jacket pocket and his hair is disheveled looking like he's ran his hand through it a million times.

What the fuck?

"What are you doing here?"

He gives me a heavy lidded look. "I have to talk to you" He says slowly letting me know he's drunk.

Oh god, dealing with a drunk Ryot was not on my bingo card.

I grab onto his arm and pull him inside my room.

The last thing he needs is a drunken scandal on his hands.

I let go of his arm. "What's going on Ry?"

He runs a hand through his hair. "What happened to uss Everly? and don't bullshit mee nothing because that's a lie" He said slurred a little bit.

Oh boy, of course he wants to have this conversation while he's drunk.

I grab his arm and try to bring him to the couch. "Ryot... Why don't we have this conversation when you're sober and can remember the conversation."

He shakes  his head and yanks his arm out of ky grasp. "No, We're having this conversation now because this needs to be addressed, I'm getting frustrated" He huffed.

I let out a sigh. "Ok Ry... Tell me what's frustrating you."

I can keep telling him to wait until he's sober, but the quicker he gets this off his chest, the quicker he calms down.

He blows out a frustrated breath and his jaw clenches "What's frustrating me is that everytime I try to hangout with you, you turn me down or make excuses. I thought us living together would bring us together and we'd be back to being best friends, but it's like we're fucking strangers" He growled out.

I should've expected this conversation happening sooner or later.

"Ok."

He let's out a sigh and sits down on the chair across from me. "I don't get it... Did I do anything to you to make you dislike me so much?" He asked solemnly.

"I don't dislike you Ryot."

He rubs his hand down his face and looks at me with such sorrows it makes my stomach clench. "Then what is it? how do we go from being Evie and Ry Ry to barely talking all throughout highschool and then not seeing each other for 7 fucking years with only texting each other for certain holidays?" He asked almost defeated.

Tears well up in my eyes and I take a deep breath. "I'd rather we have this conversation tomorrow when you're sober. I promise we'll have this talk because you deserve some answers" I wipe the tears that fell from my eyes.

I didn't realize how much I hurt him by distancing myself from him.

If only I just told him my feelings for him back then, maybe non of this would've happened and we would still be close.

His eyes soften when he sees me crying. "I'm sorry Evie... I didn't mean to make you cry" He said softly.

I shake my head. "You didn't make me cry, this has been a long time coming and you deserve to know the truth."