Chapter 1

Semi edited.

I reach over to my cup holder and grab the bottle water, trying to ease my nerves.

The cool liquid soothing my dry throat.

"Turn right on canal street" My GPS said.

I put my blinker on and follow the route it's taking me.

Years of hard work have lead up to this and I know I don't want to get my hopes up, but I really want this job.

While I was at Duke getting my physical therapist degree I interned with the football team and after I graduated the hockey team hired me and that's where I've been since I graduated 3 years ago, but I wanted to reach my overall goal.

I've applied to multiple professional sports teams within the past year and I've had a few bites, but nothing ever stuck.

I got very discouraged and took a break, going home and just reevaluating my life.

I'm not going to lie, I got into a funk after not hearing back from a few pro teams.

After awhile I got out of my funk went around to some different colleges around the area and volunteered.

It wasn't my ideal choice, but regardless I love what I do and sitting around being a couch potato wasn't going to help me get my dream job.

I'm still in contact with a few of my classmates from college and they've said similar things how they had to step back and volunteer before they could achieve what they wanted.

After 5 months I saw the Tampa Bay Lightning was looking for a new physical therapist and a few days later they gave me a call and said they liked what they saw and wanted an interview.

To say I was happy was an understatement, especially the location.

After I graduated college I knew I wanted to move back home at one point, and if I get the job I won't be that far away so visiting will be easier.

"Make a left on lake street and your destination should be on your right" My GPS said.

I turn onto the road and pull into the parking lot of the arena and I can't get over how big it is.

I take another sip of water and take out a breath mint strip letting it melt into my mouth.

The intense mint assaulting my mouth, slightly distracting me from my nerves.

I take a couple deep breaths and double check I have everything I need.

I reach over into the passenger seat and grab my resume.

Once I have everything I take another deep breath and get out of the car.

You got this.

I button my blazer together and walk towards the building.

When I get close to the main area I'm stopped by a security guard.

I tell him all the information he needs and he calls someone on a walkie talkie.

After he's done talking he gives me a visitors sticker badge thing with my name and everything, and directs me to where I need to be.

I get to the lobby area where I'm met with a older woman who shows me to where the interview will take place.

Ok Everly... You got this. Make them want to hire you.

Where we get to the room there's a woman standing outside of it.

She smiles at me. "Hello Everly. I'm Stacy Sullivan... It's very nice to meet you" She stuck out her hand for me to shake.

I did research on who is in this organization so I won't be surprised when I meet them or anything.