Chapter 13

Semi edited.

With his fingers intertwined with mine, my stomach is in a constant state of having butterflies.

We walk up to the concession stand and get our food. "Hello, can I please get one bloomin onion with ranch, an order of deep fried pickles with ranch, and 2 corn dogs" Ryot asked.

"Coming right up, that'll be $22.50 please" The worker said.

He hands her the money and we wait for our food to be ready.

We walk to the end where there's no one else. "It seems like the disguise is working so far, plus the accent is perfect."

He smiles and leans down to my ear, letting me feel his breath on the side of my face.

"I told you this would work" He said.

Once our food was done we grabbed it and walked over to a picnic area where there as a little park.

I'm sorry but if you go to a carnival or fair you have to get something fried, It's tradition.

A young couple around our age sits down on the picnic table next to us and the guy looks at Ryot and his eyes widen.

Oh shit.

"Dude are you Ryot James, the ring winger for the Tampa Bay Lighting?" The guy asked.

Ry harshly swallows and turns to the guy. "I'm sorry bloke, but I think you have the wrong person" He said in his accent.

"Oh, I'm sorry man... It's just that you look like a famous hockey player" The guy said.

"That's the first time I've heard that, but I don't know what hockey is. I've only been in the states with my fiance for a month and I'm still learning all the customs" Ry said.

Damn he's really selling this well.

"No prob man, enjoy your time here" He said and went back to talking to his girlfriend.

Ryot turns to me and winks, then pops a deep fried pickle in his mouth.

Holy shit we might actually pull this off.

After we finish our food he stands up and comes over to me when I stand up. "Come on love" He kissed my cheek and laced our fingers together.

I can still feel his kiss on my cheek as we walk to the games area.

We walk around and I see teenage girls with their boyfriends trying to win them stuffed animals.

When I was their age I wanted nothing more than to walk around the fair, holding Ryot's hand and doing cute couply things together like winning me a stupid stuffed animal, or kissing at the top of the ferris wheel.

I'm pretty sure most girls have those same fantasies with the guy they like.

We walk over to that same booth he won that teddy bear for me when we were teenagers and just like last time he lands every ball and ends up winning me a bunny with a bow around it's neck.

He holds it out proudly for me. "Now the teddy bear has a sibling just like I promised" He winked.

I shake my head and laugh.

I hold the bunny with one arm and hold his hand with the other as we walk around the carnival.

We go through one of the tents where they have local vendor trying to sell homemade items.

I'm looking at homemade soap when I hear my sister's voice.

"Hey guys, having a good time?" She asked looking me up and down at the disguise I'm wearing.