Chapter 20

Semi edited.

~~~Everly's pov~~~

I reach for a my drink in the cupholder between my seats and take a sip of my slushy.

Gotta love a sonic slushy.

I change the radio, trying to find a good station when my phone starts going off.

I grab my phone and see my sister calling.

"Hey sis, what's up?"

"Nothing much, just wanna see what you're up to" She said.

"Driving home from going grocery shopping, wbu?"

"Doing night check the closing up the clinic" She said.

A smile breaks out on my face because I'm so proud of everything she accomplished.

"That's good, got any plans after or just chilling?"

"Relaxing, last minute wedding planning" She said.

"Cutting it a little close with being a month away don't ya think?"

"Yeah, but it's little things I can pick up at the store, many the candy bar and the centerpieces, I came up with another idea I liked better, I'll send you the pics" She said.

"Ok, sounds good and what kind of candy are you gonna have?"

She laughs. "Of course you'd want to know that. We're gonna have some of those mix bags of candy, and mine and Riv's favorites, plus the party favor or whatever you call it is a little bag of m&ms that are our wedding colors with our initials, congratulations, and a mini picture of us, I actually just got those yesterday and I'm so obsessed" She said.

"That's cute, how many have you eaten?"

"I may have had a handful, but there's enough there that I can" She making me laugh.

When it comes to m&ms we both have an addiction.

"I figured you would."

"Yeah yeah, but enough about me, what have you been up to?" She asked.

What haven't I been up to is the real question.

"Just working."

"Ok... But anything else going on?" She asked.

I bite my lip. "I mean Ryot and I did kiss a few months ago."

"What!? And your just telling me now?" She yelled.

Thank god for speaker phone or else I'd be deaf.

"Honestly it's just become so normal these past few months that I just forgot to say anything."

"Wow... So tell me everything, well not everything because the guy is like my brother" She said.

"Ok, well as you probably saw that we still have the sexual tension between us and it finally came to a head and now we're friends with benefits."

"Wow, I'm honestly surprised. How are you taking everything?" She asked.

"I'm on cloud 9 right now. We both agreed to not put a timeline on it so we're just enjoying our time together, but I feel my feelings getting stronger for him already" I blew out a breath.

She let's out a sigh. "I was worried about this happening" She said.

"I know, but if this is all I'm gonna get from him I'm gonna hang on to it as long as I can."