4 || Back and Fourth

Start from the beginning

"What's your favourite colour?"

"Don't have one."

"Favourite hobby."

"Don't have one."

"Favourite animal?" I ask expecting her answer to be the same.

"Any carnivore."

"Why?" I press, leaning forward on my elbows.

"Because they can defend themselves better than anything else can."

Surprised my this answer I change the subject. "What do your parents do?"

"Next question."

"You have to-"

"Next. Question."

I look at her face. Truly look at it. I see the little flicker of her eyelids at the mention of her parents. I see the the way her eyes dart around when she becomes uncomfortable. Deciding not to make her even more so, I turn the tide.

"Ask me a question."

She looks directly at me for the first time in ten minutes, then sighs as she rolls her eyes.

"Fine, favourite colour?"

"Green."

"Favourite, I don't know, flower?" She says as a joke, clearly not expecting me to answer.

"Forget-me-nots, although If you're quite the scientist, Myosotis sylvatica."

The look on her face is priceless. She looks like she's just been told she's won a billon dollars.

"Why?" She tilts her head slightly.

"My sister, Daliah, a few years ago she developed Agoraphobia and flat out refused to leave the house for months. Every once in a while she'd ask me to find her some wild flowers, so I went out and all I could find were Forget-me-nots. A whole ass field of them. So every Friday, before I came home from school, I'd go to this field and pick her a bouquet of them. We called it Forget-me-not Friday." I smile fondly at the memory.

Arabella on the other hand, looks star struck.

"That's... deep. Is she... ok now?"

"Yeah she's fine, once a month we have a picnic in the same field, just me and her."

"That sounds nice," she says so quietly I almost don't hear the sadness in her voice. She clears her throat, "Do you live on campus?"

"No, I would but I have to look after my sister." Because if I didn't no one else would

 "Do you have any hobbies?"

"One, but don't tell anyone," I lean forward slightly but not enough to intimidate her,  "I street race."

She perks up at this, "ok, favourite car, and I swear to god it better not be a Ferrari or some shit."

"Easy, McLaren 720s. You?"

"Daym. Me? Gonna have to go with a Rimac Nevera."

"You have some pretty good car knowledge, love."

"Why do you call me that?  And why do you call me it after we met like twice?" She asks, curiously.

Just as I'm about to answer, the bell rings for end of classes and I turn back around to Arabella and I give her a smirk.

"Guess you'll have to wait until next week...love."

She rolls her eyes as I walk out of the class with the others and join the wave of people.

***

***

A/N

BIG CHAPTER.

HOW DO YOU GUYS LIKE JACE SO FAR?

WHATS YOUR FAVOURITE FLOWER?