Chapter 18: Awakening

(November 17, 1993)

The morning sun was shining through the windows and Michael was in Cameron's room asleep in a chair and also, his siblings had decided to spend the week and next week with him as they had checked on Cameron, who was flown to Neverland from the hospital via Helicopter. Five days ago, the singer had to cancel the Dangerous World Tour and the fans, band, sponsor and promoters knew it was understandable as they knew his son being in a coma was taking a giant toll on not just him, but it was also taking a giant toll on the band as well as they considered Cameron family. The King of Pop was starting to wake up from being asleep.

Michael got up and moved his chair to the right side of his son's bed, he reached out and took his son's limp hand in his and squeezed it.

Then to the shock of the King of Pop, he felt his hand being softly squeezed and heard a groan from his son as he slowly, but surely opened his eyes before blinking and after he opened his eyes, he turned his head to the left and saw that his father was next to the bed.

"H..H..Hi, D..D..Dad." Cameron weakly said, after awakening from the 3 month long coma he was in. In addition, his voice had sounded a little deep as he was 13.

Michael's shocked look was replaced by an overjoyed look seeing his son's identical brown eyes looking at him for the first time since August 16th.

"Cam!" Michael exclaimed, a genuine smile gracing his lips for the first time since August before his son was viciously attacked by Evan, he was so happy that his son was out of his coma. "You're awake! How are you feeling, bud?"

"I feel like Kareem Abdul-Jabbar had skyhooked my head from one end to the other." Cameron muttered as he groaned softly. Michael couldn't help but laugh a little. "How long was i out and what time is it?"

"You were out between August 16th and now, which is 3 months and a day, which is 93 days. It also means you missed the entire leg of the Dangerous Tour and you woke up just in time as Thanksgiving is next week and it's currently 8:30 am and also, you were out on the birthday we share, which is August 29, which means you're now 13." The King of Pop responded.

"Wow." Cameron said.

"I had a concert that day in Singapore and the background singers and crowd sung Happy Birthday, but it wasn't the same without you there and we said a silent prayer for you. You know your aunts and uncles are here, they'll be spending this week and the next with us since Thanksgiving is next Thursday and on the day after Thanksgiving, your Aunt Janet will head out on her tour, it'll start this weekend in Toronto." Michael informed. "It was supposed to begin on the 24th in Cincinnati, but she postponed the start due to your coma."

"That's great and i'm hungry."

"I don't blame you there." Michael chuckled. "I'll be back, i've got to let them know you're awake."

Cameron nodded as he saw his father head to the living room.

"Hey, everybody!" Michael called as Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon, Randy, Rebbie, LaToya and Janet all woke up from their brother's shout with Jermaine falling from the couch and landing face first on the floor.

"Ouch!" Jermaine groaned, rubbing his nose as he got up.

"What's going on, Mike?" Tito asked, getting up.

"It's Cam! He woke up!" Michael shouted.

"WHAT?!" They all shouted, that announcement from Michael had fully awakened them and disbelieving grins were on their faces. Their nephew was finally awake and all right!

"And he's hungry!" Michael laughed as he helped his son to his feet from the bed and Cameron slightly stumbled on his shaken legs, but Michael caught him. Tears flooded Michael's eyes. "Cam, i thought you were a goner."