Chapter 13: Michael meets an old friend, Soul Train Music Awards

(A/N: This Chapter is in memory of Lisa Marie Presley and yes, this will also be a Jacksley story, which means Michael and Lisa will stay together after 1995 and in addition, Lisa will be already split from Danny at the time of the meeting)

***

Six days after the Grammys, It was March 2nd and Michael and Cameron had arrived at Brett Livingstone's house for a private dinner and after entering, they sat in the living room waiting for the food.

"Hi, Michael, long time no see."

Michael turned to see where the voice came from, he looked face to face with a woman with brown hair and blue eyes around 22 named Lisa Marie Presley, who is the daughter of The King of Rock and Roll, Elvis Presley.

"Lisa?" Michael responded. "Is that you?"

"It is." Lisa told him as the two shared a hug.

"How have you been?" Michael inquired.

"I'm doing great."

"That's good to know."

Lisa then looked over at Cameron, who was looking on before Michael started to introduce his son to her.

"Cameron, i would like for you to meet Lisa Marie Presley, she is the daughter of Elvis Presley. Lisa, this is my son, Cameron." Michael introduced.

"Hello, Miss Lisa." Cameron shook Lisa's hand.

"Hello, Cameron." Lisa replied. "It's really nice to meet you."

"Likewise."

"Michael, your son looks really cute and he really looks like you." Lisa complimented, noticing the resemblance between Michael and his son.

"People say that all the time, they even say we look like twins." Michael said.

"Cameron, did you know that i first met your dad in 1974?" Lisa informed the 12 year old son of Michael. "He was 16 and i was 6 as my dad brought me to one of the Jackson 5 shows in Las Vegas."

"I remember my grandfather told me that when i was 8."

"He did." Michael stated.

"Miss Lisa, i have a question and not to be nosy or anything, but do you have kids?" Cameron inquired.

"I do, a 3 going on 4 year old girl named Danielle aka Riley and a 5 month old Benjamin aka Ben." Lisa answered. "Also, Cameron, you can simply call me Lisa if you want."

"Cool."

Through the evening, Michael, Cameron and Lisa talked about what has been going on and before leaving for the night, Michael and Lisa exchanged phone numbers, which meant sparks between them began to fly and Cameron even enjoyed talking to Lisa before heading to their homes

Six days later, Michael was rehearsing in the living room for a performance he was going to do at the Soul Train Music Awards, which was going to be at the Shrine Auditorium like the Grammys and American Music Awards. Michael was gonna perform Remember The Time in the costume for the music video. In addition, Michael was nominated for Best Male R&B/Soul Album, Best Male R&B/Soul Single and Best Music Video and he was going to be awarded the Humanitarian Award and also, he was going to present the Heritage Award to Eddie Murphy. Cameron was watching his father rehearse as well.

As Michael was dancing, he did a spin. But however, he felt pain in his right ankle and let out a scream of pain which alarmed his son.

"Dad!" Cameron exclaimed, getting up and running over to Michael, who was lying on the ground clearly in pain. "Are you ok?!"

"I think it's my....ankle." Michael hissed in pain. "Cam, call...the doctor."

"On it!" Cameron got to a phone in the living room and called the doctor, who is a female and he explained why he called as the 12 year old told her that his father hurt his ankle. The doctor told him that she would be there in 15 minutes. He tanked her before hanging up and turning to his father. "Dad, the doctor'll be here in 15 minutes. If you want, i'll take you to your bedroom"

The King of Pop nodded as Cameron helped him up and put an arm around him, helping him without further hurting him. Michael was trying to not to make a sound as his son felt really bad seeing him suffer like that.

Slowly, but surely, the two headed to the bedroom and Cameron was really careful not to hurt his father and when they got there, the 12 year old helped Michael lay on the bed and he stood at his bedside.

"Cam, i'll be ok." Michael assured his son, who had a look of concern.

"I know you will, Dad. But it breaks my heart seeing you and others we care about in pain." Cameron stated before a knock on the door was heard.

"That must be the doctor." Michael predicted.

"I'll go see." Cameron exited the bedroom and headed to the door, opened it and sure enough, it was the doctor with a security guard, she entered and headed directly to Michael's bedroom and starts looking at his ankle and then she was done checking his ankle.

"Michael, from what i've seen, you have a sprained ankle, so you'll have to stay off of it for the next few weeks. Rest a lot and no dancing or walking without crutches. I know you were looking forward to performing at tomorrow's Soul Train Music Awards, but i hate to be the bearer of bad news, you're gonna have to cancel that." The doctor told Michael, who looked like he had been punched in the gut before turning to Cameron. "Cameron, make sure your father stays off that ankle."

Cameron nodded before the doctor left, then he turned to Michael, who had a despondent look on his face.

"Cam, what am i gonna do?" Michael asked sadly.

"Dad, don't worry, we'll figure something out, but i don't exactly what." Cameron calmly responded, then he started to think. "I know it isn't possible to dance with crutches as you can barely walk right in them. Aha! I've got it!"

"What's your idea?" Michael inquired.

"I know this might seem like a really goofy, unorthodox idea and all, but maybe you can just sit down and perform the song. We could get a chair that's similar to the Pharoah's throne or something like that with your dancers dancing behind it with some changes to the choreography and lip-sync the song. Also, since the moves are usually with the arms, in a way you'll still be dancing and to me it'll still be amazing." Cameron suggested. "What do you think, Dad?"

Michael thought about the idea that his son just cooked up before a smile was on his face.

"Cameron, you are a genius!" Michael exclaimed. "I don't know what i'd do without you!"

"Just put your heart into it like with your past performances."

"I sure will.

A few minutes later, Cameron called some of his father's dancers for the performance and told them what had happened. They eventually arrived and he choreography was changed with some help from Cameron.

The next night, it was the Soul Train Music Awards and it was at the part where Eddie Murphy was going to present the Humanitarian Award to Michael. Michael was helped on to the stage from the audience by Cameron and Bill as the King of Pop used his crutches and was given the award by Eddie as Cameron stood next to Michael. The pop star gave a wave to his fans and blew a kiss to them. After some funny banter between Eddie, Michael and even Cameron, Michael did a speech before heading backstage

"Go get em', Dad!" Cameron whispered to his father, giving him a hug.

"I will and thanks, Cam." Michael whispered back.

"No problem. I'd do anything for you, dad, because i love you."

"I love you more, son."

Michael was carried on to the stage by stagehands and when the lights came back on, Michael was sitting in the chair as Remember The Time began playing and the background dancers were with him and even though Michael had sat down, he made his performance spectacular like he usually did and the crowd loved it and during the break, the crowd chanted 'Go, Michael'.

Cameron was in the wings watching his father make it work even though he was sitting down. He was so proud of his father.

At the end of the show, Michael had won 2 of the 3 awards he was nominated for which was the Best Male R&B/Soul Album and Best Male R&B/Soul Single and a few weeks later, Michael's ankle had healed.