Chapter 21: So Long 1993, Hello 1994

A month had passed and Michael had been working on some music and Cameron had gotten a clean bill of health on the last day of November, which was November 30th and also on Christmas Day, Michael proposed to Lisa, who accepted it and everybody was so happy for them and Cameron was so happy seeing his father happy as he had helped Michael pick the ring, which was a Zambian Emerald Ring. Michael and Lisa pulled him into a hug, thanking him for all his help.

It was now New Years' Eve and in the living room, Michael and Cameron were waiting for 1993 to be in the rearview mirror and 1994 to arrive as the time was 11:58 pm and 1994 was just two minutes away. Andrew and Meredith were in San Diego celebrating New Years with some family of theirs as Lisa, Ben and Riley were in Memphis, Tennessee with Priscilla as the two had glasses of Pepsi watching Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve, which was a show that was hosted in New York City on New Year's Eve as confetti was falling already.

"What a year we have had." Cameron remarked to Michael.

"You said it, Cam. You nearly missed it when you were in your coma, but thank goodness you woke up a week before thanksgiving." Michael stated. "Also, your Aunt Janet's in New York City for a concert tonight."

"I know she's rocking the place, the last time we were there was for the Bad Tour 7 years prior on the 3rd, 5th and 6th and i remember you performed Bad and The Way You Make Me Feel with live vocals completely."

"Yes and i also sung Bad with live vocals in Japan and Australia."

"That was fun, i love traveling with you."

"And i love bringing you along for the ride and also, thanks for helping me pick a ring to propose to Lisa with."

"No problem, i'd do anything for you."

"I know."

Cameron saw that the ball was dropping as it was 11:59 pm. "Dad, the New Year is about to arrive and there's 15 seconds left in 1993!"

"You're right, it's time for the countdown!" Michael stated as he and his son had their glasses of Pepsi to toast the New Year when it arrived as the ball was getting near and near.

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.....HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

And with the '1994' sign lighting up in New York City, 1993 was gone and 1994 had officially arrived as cheers were heard as Cameron turned to Michael.

"Happy new year, Dad aka Big Applehead." Cameron said.

"Happy new year, Little Applehead." Michael responded, giving him a hug and then the two clinked their glasses to toast the New Year.

"Hopefully 1994 will be a great year."

"Yeah and i'll be working on getting my album ready and if not this year, it'll definitely be released for 1995 and i'll tell you a secret, the album will be dual disc."

"Sounds like a good idea, the 1st disc can maybe have some of your greatest hits from Off The Wall to Dangerous and the 2nd disc can the new stuff you've been working on." Cameron suggested.

"Cameron Jackson, you're a genius!" Michael exclaimed. "You'd probably make a good music producer."

"It could happen if i put my mind to it." Cameron commented.

"Yeah."

After they finished their Pepsi, Cameron yawned, signaling that he was tired.

"You're kind of tired, huh?" Michael predicted.

"Yes, Dad, i am. I'm gonna head to bed." Cameron said.

"All right, me too."

Cameron headed to his bedroom and changed into his sleepwear, a black silk short sleeve button up top and silk black pants and used the bathroom before he climbed into the bed and immediately fell asleep.

The next day, which is New Year's Day, Cameron was in the living room watching Tom & Jerry on Cartoon Network and unlike many, he always cheered for Tom was the good guy trying to keep Jerry at bay and in some episodes, Tom would win in the end and that always made Cameron smile as Michael came in.

"Hello, Cam." Michael greeted his son, sitting next to him.

"Hey, dad, question. What is on the agenda for the first day of 1994?" Cameron asked.

"For now, not a thing, but on the 5th, we'll be attending the NAACP awards." Michael informed.

"Thanks for the heads up and also, Aunt Janet's gonna be in Richfield, Ohio doing a concert at the Richfield Coliseum on the 3rd."

"She sure is and also, she might bring you on stage at one of her concerts at The Forum in April."

"That would be cool."

4 days later, Michael and Cameron attended the 1994 NAACP awards, which was their first event of the year.