Chapter 7: Preparing for the Dangerous Tour

Three months later, it was May and during that month, Michael and Cameron flew to Chicago, a midwestern city in Illinois to film the Jam music video which featured Kris Kross, Heavy D and Basketball star Michael Jordan aka MJ2 who plays for the defending NBA Champion Chicago Bulls and also, his teammate Scottie Pippen (I know Pippen wasn't in the video in real life, but in this story, he is). Cameron jokingly told Scottie that he sounded like Melvin Franklin of the Temptations when he spoke which made everybody laugh and Cameron was in awe of MJ2 and also Cameron and his father met the basketball star when he visited the Black Or White set. The day was May 14.

Additionaly, back in March, Michael filmed the In The Closet music video which featured supermodel Naomi Campbell and also Michael recorded a song with comedian/actor Eddie Murphy called Whazupwithu and Cameron was in the video as well. Michael filmed some Pepsi commercials as well.

At Neverland, it was getting close to the Dangerous Tour which was going to start in a month and Michael was talking to his son about what songs could be on the setlist.

"What songs do you think should be on the setlist or the Dangeous Tour?" Michael asked his son.

"Here's a setlist i wrote while we were in Chicago filming the Jam video." Cameron pulled out a piece of paper.

Proposed Dangerous Tour Setlist:

Jam
Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
Human Nature
Smooth Criminal
I Just Can't Stop Loving You
She's Out Of My Life
Jackson 5 Medley (I Want You Back/The Love You Save/I'll Be There)
Rock With You
Thriller
Billie Jean
Remember The Time
Working Day and Night
Beat It
Will You Be There
Bad
The Way You Make Me Feel
Black Or White
Heal The World
Man In The Mirror

"What do you think of this setlist?" Cameron wondered.

Michael looked at the potential setlist for his Dangerous Tour and smiled, it was a good setlist.

"I love it." Michael said. "We can use this for the rehearsals and before the tour begins, we'll slice it down a little."

"Any idea on who'll be a part of your touring band this time around?" Cameron asked his father.

"It's gonna be most of the same with Jennifer Batten and Don Boyette on the guitars. Kevin Dorsey, Darryl Phinnessee and Dorian Holley on background vocals. Greg Phillinganes as the musical director with Kevin being the assistant musical director, Ricky Lawson on the drums. The dancers will be LaVelle Smith, Dominic Lucero, Evaldo Garcia, Randy Allaire as they were with us on the Bad Tour but there are some new additions as Siedah Garrett will be the female background vocalist this time as Sheryl Crow is doing her own thing. David Williams, who was a part of the Triumph and Victory Tours will be taking the place of Jon Clark and he'll be on guitars with Jennifer and Don. Jamie King, Yuko Sumida and Damon Navandi will be the new dancers on the tour and Brad Buxer will be on the keyboards. In addition, Bruno Falcon aka Pop-N-Taco will be the assistant choreographer as well as Dominic. For The Way You Make Me Feel, Yuko Sumida will be the female dancer for the song like Sheryl was for the Bad Tour, before Sheryl had that part, Tatiana Thumbtzen, who was in the video had the part in the Kansas City and New York concerts, but i had no choice but to fire her when she kissed me at one of the concerts in New York at Madison Square Garden four years ago and i really didn't want to fire her and i also remember you warned her as well." Michael answered.

"I remember that." Cameron told his father.

"Me too." Michael said.

"Can't wait to see them again."

"I know, when i was talking to them, they asked me how you were doing because they missed you. Also, Jamie, Michelle, Yuko, Damon and Brad will be meeting you for the first time." Michael commented.

"I remember Siedah, she wrote Man In The Mirror and co-wrote Keep The Faith. She also sang with you in I Just Can't Stop Loving You when you were unable to get Whitney Houston or Barbara Streisand to do the duet with you."

"She sure did and also, she sang with Dennis Edwards, formerly of The Temptations in Don't Look Any Further. I remember the other day, you were dancing to the Fast Forward soundtrack and the song was called Taste."

"Yes i was dancing to that."

"You sure were and on the 24th of next month, we'll fly out to Munich which will be the location of the first concert."

Two days later, Michael and Cameron went to Culver Studios in Culver City as Michael would be rehearsing for the Dangerous Tour and when they got there, the tour crew was already there. The ones that were a part of the Bad Tour were happy to see Michael and his son again and also there was Michael Bush (i'll call him M. Bush) and Dennis Tompkins, who helped make Michael's costumes for the Bad Tour.

"Cam, the last time i saw you, you were 8 going on 9." Jennifer told him.

"Now i'm 11 going on 12." Cameron stated.

"Cool." Greg said.

"Cameron, let me introduce you to the new members of the touring band, this is Michelle Berube, Yuko Sumida, Jamie King and Damon Navadi, they'll be dancers on this tour and also, this is Brad Buxer, he'll be on the Keyboards with Greg. Michelle, Yuko, Jamie, Damon and Brad, this is my son Cameron." Michael introduced.

"Hello, Cameron." Michelle, Yuko, Jamie, Damon and Brad all replied.

"Hello." Cameron waved.

"Mike, he definitely looks like you." Brad remarked.

"What he said." Yuko added.

"Like i've said, people say we look like twins." Michael commented. "Cam, want to check the stage?"

"Sure."

Michael and the touring crew led Cameron to the stage and it was bigger than the Bad Tour stage.

"Man, the stage looks bigger than the one from the Bad Tour." Cameron said in awe.

"It sure is, little man." Kevin told him and with that, the rehearsals began as Cameron watched and at the end of Man in the Mirror.

"Hey, Mike. How about bringing Cam on the stage to dance if he wants?" Greg suggested as the band liked the idea.

"That sounds like a good idea." Michael commented, before looking to his son's direction. "Cam, would you like to come on the stage and dance for us?"

"For you, i'll do it!" Cameron exclaimed as his father pulled him on to the stage and a song came on the loudspeaker was Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground).

Cameron was popping and locking to the beat, which put a huge smile on Michael's face as the 12 year old was just letting the music come to him and even the band was grinning, they were loving it as much as Michael was.

"Look at Cameron go!" Brad exclaimed. "He's definitely Michael's kid."

"Rock it, Cam!" Greg added.

The 11 year old son of Michael was poetry in motion with his dancing and he even did the moonwalk smoothly and did some robotic dance moves, he then did the splits and came back up really smoothly. He was utilizing the stage.

"James Brown, eat your heart out." Jennifer stated.

"He's a real talent!" Don added.

"Go Cam! Go Cam!" Everybody chanted.

At the end of the song, Cameron then spun before doing a ending pose with his arms out like his father as everybody cheered and applauded.

"All right!" Michael cheered, he was in awe of his son's dancing.

"That was some fantastic dancing, Cam!" Siedah exclaimed. "Where did you learn how to dance?"

"One guess." Cameron looked at Michael, who smiled and the rehearsals kept on going until the night.