Chapter 17: Coping

8 days had passed since Cameron was assaulted by Evan Chandler and It was August 24th and in Bangkok, the capital of Thailand at a stadium called Supachalasi Stadium and it was the first concert of the second leg of the Dangerous Tour as the fans were excited to see the King of Pop, who had just catapulted from under the stage and as he stood there, the crowd was going nuts and Michael took off his sunglasses and a tear was falling from his eye as he was thinking about his son as he began to perform Jam. Even though Michael and the band were giving a fantastic show as much as they could, the energy was a little different without Cameron there as he was in a coma. Also, Working Day and Night, Beat It, the interlude of Someone Put Your Hand Out and Man In The Mirror were removed from the set list for this leg of the tour and added were Dangerous and Monkey Business. Monkey Business would come after Billie Jean and Michael would keep the Billie Jean costume on for Monkey Business.

5 days later, it was Michael's 35th birthday and he was in Singapore and it was also Cameron's 13th birthday, but since he was in his coma, it wasn't the same as Michael was sitting in hotel room looking out of it since his son fell into a coma from Evan's attack.

Coming into the hotel room was Elizabeth.

"Hello, Michael." Elizabeth greeted her friend, giving him a hug.

"Hello, Elizabeth." Michael responded. "Any word on my son?"

"I got off the phone with Marlon, he's still the same."

Michael gave a sigh, hoping that his son would wake up.

"Whether it's sooner or later, he'll awake, Michael." Elizabeth assured the despondent pop singer.

"I hope so." Michael sighed.

"I know so and i know you want to be there when he does wake up." Elizabeth stated.

"I hope they get Tom Sneddon for orchestrating that attack on my son and they also get Evan." Michael growled, seething that the Santa Barbara DA had sent Evan to attack his son to send him a message.

"They will, one way or another." Elizabeth assured.

Later that night, Michael did his concert and in between Jam and Wanna Be Startin' Somethin', the band and crowd sung Happy Birthday to him and even Cameron, despite him not being there due to the coma and even though Michael smiled at the band, on the inside, he wished his son was there and even the band tried to keep it together as they thought about Cameron.

"Cam, if only you could see how much my fans miss you." Michael thought sadly.

2 weeks later, it was September 15 and back in Los Angeles, Evan Chandler, who had struck Cameron in the head with a lead pipe, causing him to fall in a coma was looking for Cameron to finish him off as he was driving, but he was chased by the police as they had a warrant for his arrest. Jordie and June had moved to another state, not wanting anything to do with Evan.

"All i have to do is find which hospital he's at and when i do, it's game over for him." Evan said. "But first i have to lose these guys."

Evan was driving at high speeds on the Ventura Freeway heading east.

"Evan Chandler, stop your car now and exit and have hands where we can see them!" One of the officers ordered.

"You'll never take me alive!" Evan retorted as he got off at Ventura Boulevard, but as soon as he reached Topanga Canyon Boulevard, a truck was crossing Ventura and before Evan could even get to the brakes, his car smashed into the trailer and with that Evan Chandler was no more as the police surrounded the wrecked car and even the truck driver got out.

"Well, that's what the guy gets for playing a stupid game, he won a stupid prize as a result." The truck river chuckled.

"Yeah." Another officer added as the police started their investigation.

Meanwhile, 2 hours later in Cameron's hospital room, Cameron was still comatose as he was still hooked up to machines and on a ventilator since he fell in a coma from him being attacked, his cuts and black eyes had healed and coming in his hospital room was Tito.

"Hey, Cam." Tito quietly greeted his 13 year old comatose nephew as Cameron had turned 13. 'You're probably wondering how your dad has been, he's hanging in there and is currently in Moscow and i sent Taj, Tarryl and TJ are with him. Frank and Eddie are there too. Just to let you know, Evan Chandler, the man that attacked you and was responsible for leaving you in a coma hit a truck not too long ago as he was chased by the police so they could arrest him, but Evan is dead. Karma got him. We found out on the news 30 minutes ago."

Meanwhile, in Moscow, Michael was in his hotel room and with him were Tito's sons, Taj, Tarryl and TJ aka 3T, they were having breakfast as Michael was looking out the window thinking about his son. 3T were eating slowly as they thought about their comatose cousin.

"Hi, Uncle Michael." Taj greeted.

"Hi, Applehead." Michael responded.

"Do you like it out here?" TJ asked,

"I do."

"It's very nice." Tarryl commented.

"But it would have been better had Cam not been in his coma." Michael sighed.

"I know." Taj added as he, Tarryl and TJ sighed as well.

"Also, our dad called and told us that Evan, the man responsible for Cam's attack was killed after he hit a truck while in a high speed chase with the police."

"I know it's wrong for me to say this, but good that the monster who viciously beat my son got what he deserved. At least Jordie and June will never have to deal with him again." Michael said, feeling a little relief that Evan bit the dust. Usually, he didn't like seeing people in those types of situations unless they really deserved it and Evan Chandler deserved it.

Joseph, Katherine, his cousins, other aunts and uncles all visited Cameron as the weeks went by. But they weren't the only ones who visited the comatose son of the King of Pop, he had visits from several of his dad's old touring band members like Jon Clark, Sheryl Crow and even Greg and Jennifer. They all kept him updated on how Michael was hanging in there, even though Cameron couldn't see them as he was in his coma, he could hear them however. Macaulay, Diana Ross, Motown Founder Berry Gordy, "Weird Al" Yankovic, Eddie Van Halen, Frank, Eddie, Brett and others all visited as well.