Chapter 6: Entering 1992, Announcing the New Tour

It was December 31st and it was the last day of 1991, it was 11:58 and at Neverland, Michael and Cameron were watching Dick Clark's Rockin' New Years' Eve and also, Michael had filmed a music video for "Remember The Time", which featured Imani, who is the wife of David Bowie, Comedian Eddie Murphy and retired Lakers star Magic Johnson, who had retired because he had gotten the HIV virus. Also, Magic's former teammate who retired two years prior to him, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was in the video. (A/N: i know Kareem wasn't in the video in real life, but in the story, he is.)

"What a year, dad." Cameron told Michael.

"Yeah." Michael agreed.

"Dangerous is doing great despite the kerfuffle in the accursed media about your panther sequence at the end of Black Or White and it's a good thing you told me about the panther sequence." Cameron commented.

"It is and i'm glad i did." Michael said, then he saw that the countdown was about to start. "The countdown's about to start!"

"10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1....HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

And with that, 1991 was in the rearview mirror and 1992 was officially here.

"Happy New Year, Big Applehead." Cameron said ot Michael, giving him a hug.

"Happy New Year to you too, Little Applehead." Michael told his son, Applehead was a nickname that Michael affectionally calls people he loves and Cameron coined the term when he was 7.

The next day, Cameron was seen leaving the bathroom after brushing his teeth and washing his face and headed to the kitchen where Michael was.

"Morning, dad." Cameron told Michael.

"Morning, Cam." Michael said to his son, giving him a hug, then they sat at the breakfast table, said grace and started to eat their breakfast.

"What's gonna happen for 1992?"

"Nobody knows, but we have to take it one day at a time and you have to be prepared for it and expect the unexpected."

"You got that right."

"Yeah, oh and Cameron, i have to tell you something and before you get nervous, it's something good." Michael said.

"I'm all ears." Cameron replied.

"I'm going on tour to promote Dangerous!" Michael informed and Cameron had a surprised look on his face.

"You're going on tour?! Dad, i thought you said you weren't gonna tour again after the January 27th concert on the Bad Tour three years ago, remember?" Cameron said, reminding Michael about the time the singer said that the Bad Tour was going to be his last tour and he was going to focus on making more music and films and at the time, Cameron was eight.

"You do have a good point and all and i'm not gonna lie, i've been planning this while making the Dangerous album and it'll start this upcoming June and end around Christmas 1993 and like the Victory and Bad tours, you'll be tagging along with me."

"Sounds like a plan." Cameron agreed as Michael smiled, he loved bringing Cameron with him wherever he went. "So when is the tour going to be announced?"

"We'll head to New York City and there will be a press conference on the 3rd next month, which is a month from now at Radio City Music Hall with Pepsi, also, the tour will be to raise funds for Heal the World Foundation to aid children and the environment. The goal is $100 million for the charity by Christmas 1993." Michael answered. "Also the first stops will be Munich, Germany on June 27th, Rotterdam, Netherlands on June 30th and July 1st, then we'll head to Rome, Italy on the 4th of July, next will be Monza, also in Italy on July 6th and 7th, Cologne (Koln), Germany on July 11th and Oslo, Norway on July 15th with other stops between July 17th and October 1st and there we'll have a break after the Bucharest concert until Mid to late December 1992, where we'll head out to Tokyo, Japan for concerts on the 12th, 14th, 17th, 19th, 22nd, 24th, 30th and New Years' Eve, but the dates are subject to change and after the New Years' Eve concert, we'll fly back home."

"That's cool and also just to let you know, Oslo is known as the Land Of The Midnight Sun and that means between April 20th and August 22nd, the sun doesn't set until 11 pm and in the months of June and July, the sun rises between 3 am and 4 am, so what that means is that the concert there will be in the daylight." Cameron informed.

"Wow, i didn't know that, thanks for letting me know." Michael said.

"You're welcome, dad. Aunt Janet told me that a few days prior."

"So that means when we get to Oslo on the Dangerous Tour, we'll have to do a few adjustments."

A month had passed, Michael and Cameron went in New York as the King of Pop was going to have a press conference with Pepsi which was going to be at Radio City Music Hall and there, Michael announced the tour and his fans were so excited and could not wait.

***

A/N: Next chapter's gonna skip ahead to May to prepare for the Dangerous World Tour and of course, Michael and his son will meet a certain accursed Chandler and his family in the chapter after the next one.