Chapter 10: Entering 1993 in Tokyo

It was December 31, which was New Years' Eve and the last day of 1992 and also, it was the last concert of the 1st leg of the Dangerous Tour, which was in Tokyo at the Tokyo Dome and for the Tokyo concerts, The Way You Make Me Feel and Bad were added back to the setlist after being removed after the Oslo concert.

Michael was performing Man In The Mirror and Cameron was in the wings watching his father. The singer usually would be wearing a white button down shirt for the song with a red armband on the right sleeve, but he was wearing a black jacket he usually wore when singing Heal The World and also, Slash made an appearance in this concert and he did so the concert before.

Usually at the end of Man In The Mirror, the Rocket Man stunt would be done with a stuntman flying a jetpack off the stage and Michael was actually leaving the stadium with Cameron and crew with the illusion that Michael was flying the jetpack when it was actually the stuntman, but since the concert was in a indoor stadium, the ending of the song was done like in the album version and in the Bad Tour with the chorus singing the word Change before Michael would say Make That Change.

The music picked back up 30 seconds later when Michael sung an adlib and as the chorus sang, Michael blew a kiss to the fans before he brought Cameron to the stage and the crowd cheered the 12 year old, who waved to them as Michael smiled.

"My son Cameron!" Michael introduced, then he gave the microphone to Cameron.

"Aishiteru!" Cameron said as the crowd cheered, then he, Michael and the band took a bow.

Michael and Cameron headed off the stage as the band continued to play Man In The Mirror with the chorus ad-libbing for a few minutes, then it was time to countdown to the New Year as it was 11:59 PM.

"8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...Akemashite Omedetou Goaimasu! Peace!" Kevin shouted and with that, 1992 was out and 1993 was here and Auld Lang Syne was played by the band.

Backstage, Michael gave his son a hug as they rang in the new year.

"Happy New Year, Little Applehead." Michael said to his son.

"Happy New Year to you too, Big Applehead. 1992 was good to us, let's make 1993 a fantastic year." Cameron responded.

"I agree."

When the concert ended, everybody caught a flight back home.