She opens them wide and looks at her husband, who lays on the white bed, with closed eyes and a pale face.

The woman closes the door quietly and takes a deep breath before turning to face him.

The sound of her footsteps made him lift his head and open his eyes again. The first thing he saw was her face. Her beautiful face. A sight he was missing now.

He manages to let a slight smile escape his lips. It hurts, but he was trying to do it anyway.

"I am sorry." she says and sees how his eyes are filling with tears. She tries to control her emotions, not wanting to break down in tears once more. She is stronger than that.

"My love..." he whispers, "Come closer. Come to me."

Reina approaches his bed and sits on the chair she sat on for days.

He grabs her hand and kisses it. He notices the bruises from her wrists,face and arms. Her nose is bandaged.

"How are you feeling?" she asks him, trying to ignore his worried stare, noticing the anger that rose in his lilac eyes.

"How are you feeling?" he ignores her question, completely.

"Me? I was not the one who got stabbed." she chuckles.

"You were put through much worse things, my dear." he caresses her knuckles.

"I am fine." she lies and it is like he can see right through her barefaced lie.

"You are not good at lying." he laughs, but his face turns into a grimace from the pain.

"I try to be fine." she breathes out.

"I am sorry-" he starts to talk, but is quickly interrupted by her angelic voice.

"You have nothing to apologise for-"

"Let me talk. Let me make it up to you. I have acted like an idiot these past days. After you tried to kill yourself, after I have found you crying in your room...I do not deserve you. I am deeply sorry for leaving you alone that night, scared and stressed. You deserve a better husband, Reina." Aegon says, trying to hold back his tears.

"You are the best thing that ever happened to me, Aegon. I understand why you acted the way you did. What I did and tried to do is unforgivable..."

"It is not. You were in pain, grieving, regretting your actions. And you were scared, for what may happen to you the next day. I love you more than I can put it into words, you do not understand. Sometimes my love for you makes my heart ache. You mean everything to me, you made my life better just by existing. You and our little boy." he confesses and strokes her cheek with his hand.

By now, tears were flowing down Reina's face. "I love you too, more than anything in this whole world." she kisses the hand that caresses her face.

"Come here." he smiles, opening his arms wide, hoping she will accept his comfort and she will forgive him for hurting her feelings.

She smiles and hugs him, carefully, afraid she will hurt him in the process. She buries her face in the crook of his neck and kisses it.

"Stay here tonight. Stay with me." Aegon pleads her, moving a little so that he can make more space for her small body.

Reina climbs on the bed, getting under the sheet that was covering him. His torso is bare and he wears only a pair of loose trousers.

He allows her to put her head on his chest and kisses her hair softly.

"Do I hurt you?"

"You could never hurt me, my rose." he kisses her temple and tightens his grip on her, afraid she will dissappear. Afraid she will leave him, like everyone else did.