EP 493

OUTSIDE SCHOOL SCENE

Rukhsaar - Aladdin?

(Aladdin happily went near her and extended the pouch of coins towards her.)

Aladdin - See Ammi, I fulfilled your condition! I earned 20 coins! Now you're proud me, right?

Rukhsaar (thought) - Aladdin...My Son. I am very proud of you. But to protect you, I have to break your heart...

Aladdin - Ammi?

Rukhsaar (strictly) - Did you yourself earn these by yourself?

Aladdin (happily) - Yes! I made bricks for 2 days and earned these!

Rukhsaar (strictly) - You genie was with you, right?

Aladdin (confused) - Yes, Ginu was with me.

Rukhsaar (strictly) - And Yasmine?

Aladdin (confused) - Yes, she was also with me...

Rukhsaar (strictly) - Now tell me the truth, did you really earn these coins by yourself?

Aladdin (confused) - Yes, Ammi!

Rukhsaar (thought) - Please forgive me for lying, Son.

(To Aladdin)

But someone informed me that you used your friends' help in earning these coins.

Chatar Patar - Heh?

Aladdin - What?

Ginu - Who?

Yasmine - Ammi, Aladdin did all the work by himself. We were just there to support him.

Aladdin (sad) - Yes, Ammi...

Rukhsaar (strictly) - Stop lying, all of you!

Aladdin (sad) - Ammi, please trust me!

Rukhsaar (strictly) - Enough! I gave you a second chance, but you cheated again. Now, I can't be patient anymore.

Aladdin (hurt) - For two days, continuously, I worked hard without anyone's help and earned those 20 coins.

(Rukhsaar's eyes were teary.)

Rukhsaar (thought) - I know, Aladdin. I know you worked hard, but I am doing this to save you and everyone else from that devil. I am sorry.

Aladdin - And...And who told you? That I am cheating? Tell me.

Rukhsaar - That is none of your business. You cheated and I know it.

Yasmine - Ammi, If you don't trust us, come to that place, Sire Khan gave Aladdin work, he'll tell you the truth.

Ginu - Yes! Let's go there!

Rukhsaar - I don't believe any of you.

Aladdin - Now this is cheating! I lifted the Lohara on my own. We solved the mystery of Bulbul chacha's heart and freed his soul. We united Akbar with his hand.

(Rukhsaar was trying hard to control her tears.)

Still, you're not satisfied! Fine. No problem. Forget it. But now, I have even fulfilled your condition! The entire city saw me working but still you don't believe me! What more do I have to do so that my Ammi trusts me! 

Rukhsaar - I told you to earn these coins with honesty, not cheating.

Aladdin - I didn't cheat!

Rukhsaar - I will not teach you anything.

(Aladdin was crying and very hurt.)

Aladdin - This is wrong! This is injustice! You can't do this to us!