Can Three Puppies Hunt A Lion? I Don't Think So~.

" Are they not done yet?"
Outside of the upper floor's training room, Erza could be found pressing her left ear against a certain door.
Hoping to hear something from the ongoing examination.

'I'm simply curious about who this super rookie might be for mother to be interested in him. Is not like I'm trying to peek or anything.'

She said to herself as she kept changing positions against the door as if trying to find the perfect spot.

' Are they perhaps-'

*Bang!*

As if to answer her inner monologue, the training room's entrance was slammed towards her, prompting her to take a face-first bonk in the forehead.

" Ouch! That hurt quite a bit."

Any other person would've been sent flying from the sheer force of the metallic door opening, yet the young lady was simply tossed a few centimeters away, landing on her buttocks.

As she rubbed the damaged side of her head, she looked up to the one responsible for it.

" Erza?"

" Good afternoon, mother." The daughter replied with an awkward smile on her face.

"*Sigh* Were you peeping again? We have gone through this before, sweetheart."

Irene shook her head helplessly with an exasperated sigh.

Erza was quite interested in strong people, so whenever she caught news of a hunter undergoing a possible Rank promotion on the upper floors she would get curious.

Though Irene rarely carried out any examination herself, those who did would always report having found Erza peeping outside of the training room where said examinations took place.

" It was done in the best of interests, dear mother! As an S Rank myself, I have a responsibility to look after my juniors!"

"Right..."

Irene could only deadpan at her daughter's righteous logic.

On the other hand, Adam, still in the process of coming out of the room, took a step back as soon as he heard Erza's voice.

' Eh, is that crush number 2?'

Erza has been best friends with Rumi since he can remember. She would come over to play with her when she was younger, but once they entered high school, the two distanced themselves from each other.

As their hunter careers drew closer and closer they couldn't find the time to meet as often as they used to.

They still contacted each other often, but it was undeniable that their relationship was not the same as back then.

That was especially so for Erza, who was currently affiliated with a hunter guild named "Fairy Tail", where she was one of the only S-Ranked members.

' Maybe that's one of the reasons why they're so apart from each other lately. Rumi must want to catch up to her, to see her eye to eye, like they used to in the past.'

Because of this relationship, and the constant interactions they had alongside Adam, he couldn't help but grow a crush on Erza too.
Though it was very subtle in comparison to the obvious feelings he had for Rumi.

As he thought about this, the conversation he had with Rumi in the car came back to him.

'Oh boy. She might've just awaken something in me.'

He was starting to consider the harem idea seriously.

' I've developed a strong liking for Irene lately, though. Both mother and daughter at the same time are just crazy.
Wait, isn't that what you would call Oyakod-'