A lost brother?

" Hey... Uhm... RED. Are these guys really under your full control?"

Zoro had never in his entire life seen an awakener ability as bizarre as this.

Summoning magic was not a new concept for the swordsman. Even in his guild, some magic users could summon creatures they formed contracts with.

But... 500?

Just how in the seven hells was that even possible? Especially for a supposed F-rank...

'Is this even summoning magic?' He wasn't so sure.

Adam felt amused at Zoro's question.

" I do, Zoro. They fully obey my commands."

Zoro nodded, still trying to digest what he just heard.

"Say Ad-, RED... will they participate in our bet?"

" Would that be a problem?"

" Not at all, the more the merrier~"

Adam just shook his head at Rumi's choice of words.

" Sorry to ruin your fun but their kills won't count. This is exclusively between you and me, little bunny."

" Oh~"

At the side, Zoro was having a difficult time following the flow of the conversation.

But, before he could interject, the sandy ground beneath their feet shook seismically.

This brought an end to the couple's chat, urging them to look at the source of the tremor.

Before their eyes, around two dozen scorpion-like creatures that towered over all of them combined came into view.

" Well, I guess this is our cue."

Hearing Adam's words, Rumi's smirk widened as far as her face allowed it to, excitement filling her every fiber when hunting was eminent.

On the other hand, Zoro stood at the side, surveying the group without intervening. His job was to make sure they both survived the ride, not to fight for them. Knowing of Rumi's strength firsthand, he knew what she could handle. And seeing how multifaceted Adam's capabilities were, he did not worry about him either.

He would only step in when the boss fight approached, but even that wouldn't be a problem for him.

" Don't forget our bet, if I win, you're mine for the night!"

Adam smirked at Rumi's enthusiastic remark and readied himself as well.

"I'm always yours my love, but if it motivates you so be it."

' I didn't need to hear that...' ( Zoro)

*BOOM*

In an instant, the two of them disappeared from where they were standing, and when they came back into view, they were each in front of a scorpion monster.

" Luna Arc!" (Rumi)

" Punch which I don't have a name for!" (Adam)

In perfect synergy the two attacked.

Mirko sent a powerful front-facing axe kick to her opponent's head, or what appeared to be its head, smashing its enormous frame against the sand with a bang.

*BANG* (this is the bang)

On the other hand, Adam slid his way below the monster and punched hard at a specific point in its "exoskeletal" abdomen. His assault didn't go with a bang, at least not at first. But, after two seconds of making contact, a bizarre event took place.