Surrounded by darkness, a creature sleeps.

An humongous head rested on top of a coiled, serpentine body in a picturesque manner.
It's frame, majestic yet terrific, could be confused with that of an ancient statue given the stillness of its being, with the only sign of life provided by the subtle wiggle of an elongated, doubled tipped tongue that would occasionally travel out of its seemingly closed mouth.

Easy was the life of this creature.

It eats.
It sleeps.

And the cycle repeats.

At least, that was supposed to be the case.

Sometimes there were fools who came to its doors, as if seeking a grand prize which its death would provide.
Some died.
Some survived.
Many killed it...

Oh, so many killed it.

Again, again, and again.

How many times did it die?, the creature lost track of that long ago.

Sleeping and eating, there weren't greater pleasures for the creature. Yet, the bitter flavor of constant, painful death impeded its joy.

Will it ever find peace?
Will they ever stop hurting it?
Will it ever know greater pleasure than just two?

"" Mmh?""

From within the darkness, a pair of golden, drowsy reptilian eyes looked around.

"" What is this feeling?""

A few miles away from its vicinity, it captured three presences.

"" Humans.""

The creature hissed in primal anger at the mere thought of having to deal with these pests again.

But then, something strange happened.

The invisible shackles that prevented it from leaving its room-

No,  its Prison, seized holding it down.
....

As the trio walked away from the oasis, on their way to find the boss room, which wasn't in a fixed place as it would reset its location every time the dungeon was cleared, Adam commanded his stat window to appear before him.

[Status]

Name: Adam Zenith

Age: 21

Level: 39

Race: Human

Karma: error!

[Stats]

HP: 3,625/3,625 (Health Points)

EP: 7,300/7,300 (Energy Points)

Strength: 65

Dexterity: 55

Stamina: 55

Intelligence: 81

Luck: Error

Free Stats: 0

After going on a killing spree against the scorpions, which he had already made into shadow soldiers and sent them away for hunting, Adam's level raised by one, after being stagnant for a few days.

' So higher-ranked dungeons were the answer all along. Once I reach level 45 or so, I should start hunting in A-rank dungeons then.'

As they kept walking, Adam, as well as Rumi and Zoro, felt a sudden bloodlust falling heavily on them.

Out of habit, Adam touched the other two's shoulders and teleported 10 meters away.

*BOOM!*

Immediately after, a big serpentine head came out of the spot where they were standing a few seconds ago.