You Won't Be Leaving Tonight (partially +18)

"Honey, can you pinch me?"

Kenji turned to his wife and asked absentmindedly.

"Eh? Sure."

Hana responded cutely before pinching Kenji at the hip, the closest part of her husband's body she could reach without jumping.

"Ouch!"

Adam could only sigh at his parents' antics.

"So?"

He asked seriously, though anyone that knew him well would tell there was some nervousness hidden behind his voice.

As Adam's awakening became a reality to them, both Kenji and Hana found themselves in a dilemma.

Throughout their life living together, Adam never had shown any interest in Hunting. Especially since that same occupation had taken the life of his biological parents away.

In a sense, this lack of interest provided some comfort for the couple, and they unconsciously wished for their son to be normal, even though they were hunters themselves.

Blame it on fear, if you may.

After many years of working as hunters, they both knew the dangers hunting monsters could bring about. A fear they shared at some point when Rumi debuted as a hunter herself.

But at the end of the day, it all came down to shame.

The shame of not being there for their friends during that dungeon break over a decade ago.

If they could prevent their son from going through all of that...

Now, that was all wishful thinking.

The light in Adam's eyes was that of someone adamant about accomplishing greatness. A light that resembled that of his deceased parents all too well.

So, even without asking, they knew.

" Since when?"

Adam analyzed his father's body language and to his surprise, it did not show any sign of disapproval.

" A week ago."

Nodding his head, the Bullman turned to his wife, who did the same with a tender smile.

" Is there anything else that you want to tell us, sweety?"

Hearing his mother's questions in her usually loving voice, Adam thought for a moment about what to say.

He did not know whether to laugh or cry when in an attempt to find support from his stepsister he found her still sniffing at his neck with a crazed blush on her face.

'She doesn't seem to be in the right mind to help...'

Smiling at Rumi's 'cute' actions as he kept holding her, Adam decided to answer his mother's query.

" I do, Mom."

...

*Star's Academy*

"Is Adam alright? He hasn't come to classes for a week now?"

A young man about the same age as Adam could be seen walking out of a big building.

Star's Academy was an internationally known university from Atlas, famous for its highly capable teachers and widely competent professionals who graduated from it.

Louis, like his colleagues, was a very capable youth who was walking the path to becoming a doctor.

He's known Adam for a long time, having shared his high school days with the latter in the same classroom.