Inferior, Yet Superior

*BOOOOOM!*

Adam's small theory missed the bullseye by a few miles.

'I'm fucked.'

And that wasn't even the worst part since now, a furious hunter was on their way to kick his ass.

At a blinding speed, Bakugo 'exploded' his way toward Adam, as his hands busted with flames.

Just when Bakugo was about two meters away, he changed directions by propelling himself up. He may have been angry at Adam, a bit jealous too if you may, but he was a trained hunter at the end of the day.

A frontal attack wouldn't have been appropriate considering that he didn't know what Adam's powers were yet.

That was another handicap given to the examiners to make the examination 'fairer'.

If it was a few years ago, he wouldn't have minded going head-on. But experience changes people, and Bakugo had a lot of it when it came to fighting awakeners.

Dungeons and Gates were not the only dangers out there after all...

All of this happened in less than 2 seconds, 2 seconds in which Adam never moved from his position.

Seeing this as an opening, Bakugo, who was still in mid-air, pushed himself downwards with a third, smaller explosion. One of his legs was already on its way to hit Adam.

He had to make sure to bring down his strength though.

Bakugo just wanted to knock him down and make him look stupid in front of his crush, not kill him.

"Go to sleep!"

Just as he was about to kick Adam right behind the head a bizarre thing happened.

As if Adam was nothing but a mirage, his body dissipated out of existence, and Bakugo's leg crashed against the floor of the ring.

"BOOOOOOOOM!"

He miscalculated his strength at the last second due to the unreal event that had just unfolded. Because of this, a huge explosion shook the training room, and a small crater became visible on the ground.

" Is this guy trying to kill me?"

Adam pointed at Bakugo as he looked at Ochaco, who opened and closed her mouth unable to form a sentence.

But who could blame her?

In the span of a millisecond, Adam disappeared and appeared back at the position where Bakugo was standing just before the test started.

" You have an annoying power, candidate."

" I will take that as a compliment, Suzuki."

"..."

Bakugo stared blankly at Adam.

"What?"

" You are doing it on purpose aren't you?"

" Whatever you mean~"

Adam simply waved Bakugo's complaints away as he yawned loudly.

"Oy!"

" More importantly, aren't you too comfortable?"

" What do you mean, fucker?!"

Bakugo was starting to reach his limit, especially when he looked to the side and saw both Rumi and Ochaco holding a laugh.

" I mean, when you are in the middle of a fight you should be more attentive..."

Before the blonde could process anything that Adam was trying to say, he felt a presence right behind him.