Ragnar, The Honorable One

From obtaining a freaking 'authority' to having to face an Ogre, Adam's first day as an awakener was becoming more and more surreal.

' I just want to go home at this point.'

As mentioned earlier, Adam was not confident in going against anything above D- Rank.

Starting from the C rank, things weren't as easier as with lower ranks.

At this point, monsters started gaining intelligence and their strength would become more catastrophic.

Not to mention the fact that the energy needed to generate a C-rank creature was leagues above that of lower-ranked dungeons.

When a dungeon outbreak took place, it was of utmost importance to determine the Rank of the monsters coming from it.

In the case where a dungeon wasn't cleared regularly the energy within it would accumulate and a 'portal' would allow monsters to invade the outside world.

This happened because each dungeon had a limit of energy that it could hold.

In other words, an F- Rank Dungeon would barely be able to support the energy needed to create or accommodate a monster that far surpassed its limit.

And an Ogre was a good example of that.

So how in the seven hells was this dungeon holding up?!

Adam had that question too.

' What the fuck am I supposed to do?!'

Well, more than that one question you could say...

' This fucker is at that guy's level if not higher, and I'm sure as hell it won't be holding back like he did.'

As he remembered a certain spiky-haired guy with an unfortunate temper, Adam readied once again for combat, just that this time his confidence was flaking slightly.

As if on cue with Adam's stance, the Ogre, which so far was simply examining the intruders, snorted in disdain.

It could tell that regardless of how many of these ants were standing before him, nothing would change who the victor would be.

The thought of running away quickly manifested in Adam's mind. Very logical thinking considering that the foe he was facing far surpassed him in every aspect.

But then, a quick realization hit him.

He was currently in possession of fifty Venomous Spiders.

Although they were not precisely lethal, and their venom was the only thing going for them, it was a fact that it could affect C-Rank monsters, even if minimally.

Now the problem was that...

No matter how many spiders he had, if he could not wound the Ogre, a feat that his minions more than likely would be unable to do even in their enhanced new shadow forms, the poison he could supply would be meaningless.

' Thinking too much won't solve anything. I can teleport out of here if things get ugly anyways.'

With a newfound resolution, Adam teleported right in front of the seven meters tall, green abomination while he mentally commanded his undead to surround the Boss Room, which was sufficiently spacious to accommodate a few hundred.

Before the Ogre could react, Adam placed his right hand on its forehead, as he commanded his flames to burst all over the beast's face, brightening the entire room completely in the process.

Not wanting to wait and see the result of the biggest explosion he could allow himself to create without outright running out of EP, he automatically teleported back to the same place he was before.