Angelus Imagine - Passion

Start from the beginning

I'm sprinting as fast as I can, but it still feels like I'm wading through treacle. What's worse, somehow, is that Angelus isn't running. He's walking. Walking so casually, with the swagger of a vampire who is a thousand percent sure he's going to kill me tonight. He's walking and I'm running so hard I can't breathe. 

"Jenny's death was just business," he says, his menacing voice bouncing off the walls. "But yours? Oh, yours will be for fun." 

I want to puke because I can sense the smile in his voice. 

I never liked Angel that much, but now I want him back more than anything. 

I skid as I enter the library but I don't fall. I barricade the door with the heaviest thing I can move on my own and scan the room for an escape. I would be stupid to believe I could take on Angelus in a fight, but the only way out seems to be the tiny windows that are too high up. My choices are running out, my hope of survival is running out. 

I put my hand on my chest as I try to regulate my breathing, but have to take it away because the thumping of my heart is making my head spin. I need a drink, but the only thing on me is holy water. It'll have to do. I unscrew the lid and down the entire bottle. 

Angelus bangs on the door. 

I run into the library's cage and search for a better weapon. A crossbow? I've never used one. A sword? It could help keep the vampire at a distance, but it'll be too heavy to control. 

"I'd go for the axe." 

Angelus. He's leaning against the library desk. It suddenly occurs to me that I shouldn't have drank the holy water. 

"It's a bit cliche, I know, but effective." 

I grit my teeth as he pushes himself off the desk and stalks closer like a lion. I slam the door of the cage shut. 

He comes right up to the cage with a wicked grin plastered on his face. For a fleeting second, I think I might have got him.

But he grips around the bars and yanks, pulling the door off its hinges and leaving me totally vulnerable. He tosses it to the side with a clatter, and I have no choice but to use the sword that's still in my sweaty, shaking hand. I raise it. 

"Ok... the sword's a new look on you. Kinda like it. Gives the illusion that you have half a chance." he says approvingly, making my stomach knot. 

"What happened to you?" I ask, amazed at how I can even form words at this point. 

"What happened to you? Where are all your little friends now? I wonder which one's gonna find your body..."

I jab the sword forward but he dodges with ease, not even acknowledging it as he continues.

"I hope it's Buffy. But, then again, I want to test my hypothesis that Willow's an ugly crier." His slash of a smile cuts right through me, as if it was the heavy sword that I'm about to drop. "Oh, I know..." he takes a step forward and I flinch. He puts him hands up in surrender. "I want it to be Dawn. Or... what do you call her... Dawnie? Yeah, she's a pretty thing, shame she -"

"You're disgusting." I interrupt. Although maybe unwise, I don't want to hear whatever obscene threat he's about to make to Dawn. A new sense of resolution fills me as I involuntarily imagine Dawn finding my limp, bloodstained body. Or worse, a limp, bloodstained body that opens her eyes and attacks with fangs and yellow eyes. 

He lunges at me and I thrust the sword forward. But, he manoeuvres the weapon from me with ease, discarding it on the library floor with a clank. 

"What do you think I should do with Jenny Calendar's body?" 

My eyes sting and horror horror horror is all I can feel. 

He tilts his head to the side, dark eyes trained on my neck. "What should I do with yours?" 

Before I know it, Angelus has his hands on my shoulders, keeping me in place. 

"No." I scream, kicking, squirming, thrashing, "No!"

I could die tonight not having had my first kiss. I could die never knowing how to drive a car. I could die right now without saying goodbye. I'm not ready.

I bet Ms Calendar wasn't ready.

"Oh, I like the ones who scream."

He bites. 

I hear a squelch.

I feel a sharp prick in my neck.

And then the monster springs away, howling. 

He's coughing and spluttering.

I should run.

"Blerg!" he spits scarlet onto the floor. "What did you do?" 

I clutch my neck and make a run for it. The pain grows as I make it out of the library and down the hall but I feel giddy for being able to feel the pain. I'm alive. I finally find a door that's unlocked and I run all the way to Buffy's house without stopping once. 

I pound on the door with fists that are covered in blood from my neck. 

As I wait for the door to open, I can't stop thinking about Angelus being repelled by my blood... The holy water. Wow. It's not like I drank a gallon of it... Amazing. 

I stop pounding as my arms cramp up and my head spins. There is so much blood. 

Willow opens the door and I collapse in the hallway. 

ty 4 reading. remember to comment/follow/vote :))