A second spirit sword?

In a blink of an eye three weeks has already elapsed. Alan spent those days dedicating himself to his training.

Each of his swing drew a magnificent arc through the air.

His body no longer carried any trace of the rigidness he had before. Instead, he maneuvered his body with impressive flexibility and pliability.

The sky was painted with an orange glow as an indication that the sun was about to set. During that time Alan stayed inside the courtyard swinging his sword gracefully.

Swoosh! Swoosh! Swoosh!

He swung his sword rigorously for roughly several hours. Eventually, the sky had darkened at some point.

As the sky was filled with thousands of stars that shone with resplendent light, lighting up the night sky.

Despite the fact that the surroundings were darker than before Alan kept up his training.

The artificial light was active, so the surroundings wasn't really that dark. It was at least possible to see the surroundings up to several meters in his vision.

[Don't you think you've trained enough already?] Akane's melodious voice sounded.

"No, it's not enough." Alan answered as he kept swinging his wooden sword. Akane remained silent after that and only after thirty seconds did, she finally decided to speak once again.

[I can understand why you are so desperate for power considering who our enemies are but... Don't you think you are being a little too much out of character here?] She pointed out with a sigh.

Alan's hand with which he held his wooden sword came to a halt as he gazed at his sword with a complicated expression.

Akane's words were obvious, right now Ellard was supposed to be Alan, his reincarnation.

While he was mature mentally after experiencing hundreds and even thousands of years of life, to those around him he was still just a small child.

Alan had not shown any interest in the sword since he was born as he was only nine years old after all.

However, now that Ellard's soul had possessed Alan's body suddenly taking a deep interest in the art of the sword would make him seen as suspicious to those around him.

Alan furrowed his brow before he sighed deeply.

"There's nothing I can do about that, I... I can't just wait until I come of age, you know."

[Of course, you can... You want my advice, try acting a little bit your age for once.]

"Impossible! My only motivation is acquiring strength." Alan replied.

[... Sometimes I really wish you could take it easy and enjoy a little bit more of what life has to offer other than just focusing on getting stronger. You were given another chance to enjoy your childhood and spend time with family, shouldn't you be happy about that?]

".... This isn't my family, it's Alan's family." Alan said indifferently.

Alan wipes his perspiration as he put down his sword. Soon, the sound of his stomach growling resounded. "We should go." He said as he walked back to the exit of the courtyard.

Akane remained silent as he left, and even though he could tell she was quite upset with him Alan could only shake his head with a troubled smile.
...
Meanwhile, inside the sun clan...

A burly man who seems to be in his mid to late thirties sat down by the window.
The man had a rather handsome look to his face as he stared off into the distant.