Last Challenge: The face of an old and familiar friend!

After leaving those words behind Lousia's figure became a blur as she disappeared.

Meanwhile, still sitting on the tree branch Owen kept his gaze up to the sky.

"... That's quite a lot of resentment." He muttered. He could feel various anger and hatred in those words.

"Well then... shall we see how you deal with your third challenge; I hope your mind won't break so quickly." After saying those words Owen closed his eyes.

Meanwhile, Ethan continued to traverse through the forest while cutting down all the undead that obstruct his path. As he continued on his way the number of undead only kept decreasing more and more.

"Looks like we were right. That lich really is running out of undead." Ethan said as he continued to traverse through the forest.

[But even so... do not let your guard down, liches are also very skilled in the art of magic as well] Grim warned.

"Yeah, I know... I definitely won't let my guard down." Ethan said as he swung his sword in a horizontal arc cutting down the last of the undead in the surrounding area.

However, they didn't know that the decreased number of undead wasn't because the Lich was running out of undead, it was because he couldn't focus on creating them!

After the death king had awakened his consciousness, the lich no longer had control of him.

Furthermore, Owen had also partially broken free from his control some time ago, making him restless. It was a complete miscalculation.
...
"Tch, that bastard!" The lich cursed. If he known this would have happened, then he wouldn't have bothered summoning him.

'What am I supposed to do now? This task was supposed to be easy; I can't keep using undead on these two.' The lich sighed.

The goddess, Eva was the one who gave him the responsibility to stock up on some more undead using the corpses of the villagers. But now that will no longer be possible.

"I guess I'll have to retreat for now and find another remote village." That woman won't be happy about the outcome of this mission.

Lich's eyes glowed with an ominous light as it contemplated.

"... However, I shall leave behind a little gift for you, my friend." Saying that the Lich snapped its fingers.

"Soul destruction." The lich chanted.

"I hope you get to enjoy the little time you have left." The lich said as a dark mist envelops its body until it completely disappeared.
...
Meanwhile, somewhere in the forest.

"Cough! Cough! Cough!" Owen who sat on top of a tree branch cough out blood as his breathing became rough and uneven.

He was suddenly assaulted by an intense pain that seem to come from the depths of his soul.

"I see... so you chose to dispose of me in the end." Owen muttered as he placed his hand onto his chest.

He could feel his soul was slowly being devoured and crumbling away. It wouldn't take long before his soul is destroyed and is lost forever.

His reincarnation is no longer possible now that his soul would be gone forever.

Owen wipes the blood from the corners of his lips as he gazed up at the vast cloudless blue skies above his head.

"Sigh, it seems I only have an hour here. I might as well have some fun." Owen got to his feet and his silhouette became a blur as he vanished from that spot as he moved through the forest.
...
Meanwhile, Louisa continued on her path to the eastern side of the forest.