Its complicated

Anya's eyes widened. Her heart started beating faster and faster. She looked at her grandmother with shock. Porya never turned her face to face Anya. She was not having the strength to face her or she was scared of the consequences.

"... Grandma.." this was all she could mutter.

" Maybe you are gifted" the word maybe gave some strength to Anya as she jerked out of every thing.

" No one knows if you or your brother is gifted or not" Porya stated further. " These powers are like inherited traits. They travel from one generation to another. They are shown in some cases but mostly repressed by other traits. That is why your father was safe from this curse"

" Tell me everything grandma" Porya took a deep breath and stated.

" I don't know much but as much your grandpa told me , these powers are like traits. Dominant or recessive , either they are shown or hidden but they do travel from one generation to another. They hides because of other person DNA which gets mixed in the child. But one thing is sure, no two persons can survive at the same time with these powers. If a child is born who possess those powers, the father or mother the previous owners of those powers die. " She turned her head towards Anya and walked near her. Anya just stood there with no emotions

" Your grandpa had these powers but these were not shown in your father. I am not sure if you have these powers or not. These powers increase with time and after a certain age they show up. " Porya left a sight while looking at Anya's eyes.

" Grandma, you don't want these powers for us right " she asked while holding million of emotions in her brown orbs

" These powers can cost your life Anya. Yes I don't want these powers for you, not only for you I don't want these powers for anyone. They sound cool Anya but they aren't " she sat on a chair near her while Anya settled on the ground holding Porya's hand. " Promise me Anya, you will not tell this to anyone, not even your father. He is scared of these powers. He is scared to loose his loved ones. Even your brother and mother have no idea about this. It was a secret between Parth and me and it should remain that " her grandma said.

" What are these powers grandma " she asked.

" I don't know bacche (child) . As I said your grandpa never wanted me to be in danger so he never discussed about them. As much as I knew I told you now you should go sleep. Tomorrow is krishna janmashtami as well. " Anya stood up and started walking towards her room. She knew she will not be able to sleep tonight at all. She was having millions of questions to ask but no one to answer.

She was sitting on her bed lost in thoughts just when someone threw a pillow on her.

" WTF " she shouted.

" Language Anya " her brother Aadarsh scolded.

" As if you don't use much worse words than these right " she said with a smirk on her face.

" I don't use them in front of you and you should do the same " he said in a strict tone" anyways you will be portraying as rukmini( Hindu goddess) in tomorrow's play at the village "

" And who told you that. I am not going to take part in all these. Not at all " she said with a straight A face.

" Ok then, I will burn this book " he said while holding a candle near her book which she got from Mrs. Sharma.

" You dumbhead " she shouted while going toward him but he backed off bringing the candle more near the book.

" Ok fine. I will. just give me my book" Anya calmed herself.

" You will get your book after the play tomorrow" he said while locking the book in his closet and drifting into sleep.

" You think I can't break that closet" she asked his sleeping figure.

" I am your older brother Anya. Your favourite detective novels are hidden as well" he said without opening his eyes. Anya groaned in anger while sitting on her bed.

" Why are you planning this play man" Anya asked.

" This is a kind of project from our college called 'our culture '" he replied and left no space for further enquiries. Anya lept on the bed while thinking.

Those creeps know about these powers. Anya thought while jumping off from the bed. But she glanced at the wall clock which showed 11:45pm .

I can go. She ordered herself while taking a deep breath.

" That jungle is home of many horrible beasts" her inner voice stopped her.

" Anyways they will be scared seeing your emotionless face so you can go " she smiled a bit but wondered as well.

" Was that my inner voice" she questioned herself but didn't paid much attention and headed towards the jungle while mumbling " jai mata di ( hail god) ".

She first went to that old hut but found no one so she directly headed toward their colony. Although the jungle was scaring her but she was getting a assurance from the jungle. That is what she felt.

She reached there and found four of them behind one house near a bonfire.

" OMG , am I dreaming" Aadit shouted as soon as he saw Anya walking towards them.

" I am dreaming the same dream" Aaransh said in a shocked tone.

" She is crazy" Aarav said with a cunning smile on his face his balck eyes sparkling like he knew it already.

" Guys behave" Rahul said like he is the head of the group and actually everyone consider him one.

" I hope you can see" Rahul said as soon as Anya stopped near them.

" Well I can see your disgusting face so yes" she said.

" Good then what is the time" he asked pointing his wristwatch toward her. Anya didn't reply which made them speak.

" The jungle is not safe in the Morning and you came here at this time" said rahul

" You would have ended up in danger man " said Aaransh.

" Am I. Not right. So just shut the fuck up " she said in a warning tone.

" You should have been in danger " Aadit exclaimed" so that we can save you and do one more favour on you " Anya eyed him while changing the topic and looking at Aaransh. Although she knew all of them but she was sure Aaransh will answer her without any cross questions.

" What are those seven powers " she asked while maintaining a calm face although she was holding a tsunami of emotions inside her.

" Why" Rahul asked but Anya turned her gaze toward Aaransh. He sighted and said

" Air, water, fire, nature, soothsayer (one who can see future)and........"