A shock

" So class I am sure that none of you took this assignment seriously and that is clear from your work...but Anya Aaransh and Aarav you did great job" Mrs. Sharma said with an impressed face.

" Here is your prize" she said handling a book to them which Anya immediately took away from Aarav 's hand as she knew they are not at all interested in this shit.

" Hey girl why are you so interested in this book" Maira asked her when she took her seat behind her.

" None of your business" Anya said in a cold tone.

" Rude ass" Innayat commented.

" You know what Innayat, I can make you cry in a while with some words but unfortunately your English ass will not understand them so be quiet " Anya for the first time had such long conversation with her which made Maira and Arya hide their smile in shock.

" So cool " Innayat said in a sarcastic yet irritated way. Anya knew some curious heads were also listening to their talks but didn't react. As much as she got to know those people, they were actually weird and creepy although this is all what she is but she didn't wanted any competition in that.

She knew they possess a lot more than what they show so she was determined to know everything which made her end up at Vadit's house again. He was the only person who knew everything.

" Welcome back Miss rude" he greeted Anya as soon as she reached there.

" I knew your curiosity will pave the way of my house" he said with a smirk on his face.

" If you know everything then tell me" she said in her cold tone.

" Why should I. I mean what will I get" he asked widening his already big grey eyes. His face showed a mixture of emotions while he was combing his long brown beard.

" What do you want " she asked getting on the point directly.

" Huh.. you actually are insane " he said in a shocked tone.

" I can't tell you everything but I can tell you your history, the sudden departure from this village, reason of your grandpa death, your father's fear and your curiosity " he said while moving around Anya. She didn't responded but he started narrating his story - fake or real no one knows.

" 12 November 1975 , a dead body was found lying in the jungle near a lake, that brutally tortured body had every sign which could make a person vomit. His nails being taken out,hairs plucked out, sign of blade near his eyes as well as in his eyes was visible, his arms and legs being torn apart as if someone did that with their bare hands, his face pale and his teeth broken. All who saw that body was not able to sleep for months. That body was of your grandfather -Mr. Vidyut Verma, the sole ruler of this village till that time. Everyone assumed that it's done by the demon himself but police just wanted to shut the case so they declared it as an animal attack. " He said and started staring Anya's face which showed no emotion.

" Is that all you know "

" I know a lot but you have to pay for it " he said with a cunning smile on his face. She didn't responded but waited for him to reveal his fees. " I want the water of that lake where you fainted few days ago " he said and walked away towards his house.

" How the hell do he know about me fainting there " Anya mummered to herself while heading toward her house. Although she knew Vadit will not tell any lie but she didn't trust him. Not at all after knowing about him following her.

She directly headed towards her grandmother for her answers. She knew her father will never tell her about this topic so she chose her grandma for her questions. She knew if she will pleade a bit Porya Verma will tell her everything.

" Anya, you here" Porya asked as soon as Anya stepped inside her room.

" I want to know something" she went directly on point.

" Yes my heart tell me" Porya replied in a really gentle tone filled with love and affection.

" What happened to your husband" she asked without mentioning the word grandpa as she never got a chance to call someone like that.

" What you mean" Porya asked trying to act confused.

" Grandma please don't lie. I already know the brief but I want you to tell me the truth" this time Anya's voice was filled with emotions - desperation , sadness and curiousity.

" Who told you that " Porya asked waking up from her bed where she was sitting.

" That doesn't matter dadi (Grandma) "

A tear escaped from her grandma's eyes who was looking at the ceiling trying to hide her sorrow. She took a deep breath while turning her gaze towards Anya's questioning eyes.

" He was killed " she took a pause and said

" Those so called gifted people killed him " her voice was filled with anger. Anya stared at her dumfolded.

" He was gifted as well " as soon as these words entered Anya's ears she widened her eyes in shock

" These powers were the only reason of his death. He sacrificed himself for this village these people who don't even remember him. "

She tried hard to control her tears but tears flowed like rain.Anya had never encountered such situations neither she knew how to react all she did was to sit there wiping her tears.

" He never shared such things with me. All I know is that they killed him in the worst way possible. This is the reason your father hate this village,this jungle. It was the place which snatched his father from him before he was even born. He don't want such things to happen again that's why he is trying hard to convince me but I want to spend my last few years here with your grandpa memories. " She walked out to the balcony and Anya followed her.

" You are gifted as well....."