Intermission II

Late at night in downtown Port Vaal, all was relatively quiet. It was a weekday, so the many establishments that operated in the area had little traffic at this time.

Near the center of the city was a large highrise building. It was the tallest building in the city. The floors closer to the bottom were all stores and bars operating in the building, with the upper half all being office space for a major Golgatta banking institution.

It was late, so the upper half of the building had most of its lights turned off and seemed to be empty at this time. While lights illuminated from windows in the lower half of the highrise that have bars operating out of them.

It was supposed to be an uneventful evening, but the peace was interrupted by the sounds of an explosion.

Near the top of the highrise, a massive explosion had just gone off, creating a huge hole in the side of the building. Piece of steel and glass came raining down onto anyone unlucky enough to walk around the street below.

Sirens could be heard off in the distance, rushing towards the building where the explosion happened.

Near the top of the highrise, black smoke was billowing outwards. Bright red orange flames could be seen and spreading throughout the building, starting from the top to slowly moving downwards on the structure.

Within the area the explosion happened was an inferno. Everything was up in flames and standing in the center of it was a woman with bright red hair, the most wanted criminal on the continent, Alexandria Scarlett. She was standing over a man in a fancy suit who had serious third degree burns all over the left side of his body.

Burnt Man: "W-why? We did nothing against you. Why are you going after us?"

Scarlett: "It's nothing personal. It's just business."

Burnt Man: "Someone paid you then. Whatever you're being paid, I'll pay double, no, triple. Just spare me."

Scarlett: "Now, you most of all should know that it's bad practice to renege on an agreement." she said as she raised her hand.

Burnt Man: "WAIT!" he screamed out.

It was too late. Scarlett snapped her fingers and the man was engulfed in flames. He let out a scream, but no sound was made. He desperately tried to roll around on the ground to put the flames out, but they didn't go out. After a few seconds the man stops moving and the flames around him would keep burning away and eventually consume him completely, leaving only ash.

Once Scarlett confirmed that the man was dead, she turned to her side and spoke to someone.

Scarlett: "There, it's done. Is that good enough for your boss?"

A man wearing ripped black jeans with a matching black leather studded jacket walked out of the flames. The individual's face could not be seen, as he was wearing a hood that had a strange darkness that seemed to obscure his face.

Hooded Man: "You know. You didn't have to blow the whole fucking building up."

Scarlett: "Well maybe next time you should specify."

Hooded Man: "I think it's kinda obvious. I shouldn't have to tell you not to destroy entire buildings."

Scarlett: "Whatever, everyone that your boss wanted dead is now dead. This should be good enough."

Hooded Man: "Why are all the women I work with fucking nuts?" he mumbled to himself.

Scarlett: "Did you say something?"

Hooded Man: "Nothing, oh wait. Before I forget to tell you, I was supposed to warn you about some strange movement going on in Graheel. "

Scarlett: "Don't bother, I already know."

Hooded Man: "You know about the increase in police and cult activity?"

Scarlett: "Huh? Are the police and cults becoming more active?"

Hooded Man: "Yeah. Wait, what were you thinking of?"

Scarlett: "John has a new patron." she said with a smirk, feeling a little more superior for having information that this man didn't have.

Hooded Man: "Oh, that's news to me. Yin will probably want to know about that."

Scarlett: "Well tell her to keep her fucking hands off him. I've already taken him under my wing."

Hooded Man: "Poor sod." he mumbled, while feeling sorry for the person that Scarlett had taken an interest in.

Scarlett: "What was that? What the fuck are you saying. Speak up and stop mumbling. I can't hear you with all this fire going on." she said, annoyed by the hooded figure mumbling.

Hooded Man: "Just saying you need to introduce me to this person."

Scarlett: "In due time. Anyways, get us out of here before the building completely burns down around us."

Hooded Man: "Yeah, yeah. Just come over here, where there is less fire and I'll get us out." he said as he walked off to another room with Scarlett following from behind.