Chapter 17 - Seeing Things

It didn't make sense.

Scarlett had been living on Eld street for months and has been up and down the street, consistently making trips to the Arcanum Archive, but not once did she ever notice a store like this. It looked old and was very well maintained and clean, even for a store on Eld street

Its name was strange too.

"Was it a magic store? Why would it be here on Eld street?" Scarlett asked herself.

Finding a store that sold arcane supplies in Graheel was not strange. There were probably hundreds of them in the south west near Market road, but for one to be on Eld street was very strange for Scarlett. She couldn't imagine such a store getting much business being on the east side.

She wanted to push the curiosity to the side and leave. It wasn't safe for her to be anywhere near Eld street right now, but something about the store called her. Inviting her inside. It was a similar feeling she got when she dug up an artifact of civilizations past. The possibilities raced in her mind.

She gave another quick look around, to see if there was anybody else around. When she saw nobody, she decided to quickly check the store out.

She entered inside and was greeted by the sound of a store bell.

Looking around, there were random knick knacks and objects laying around all on shelves. The store was very clean and much bigger on the inside than it looked on the outside. There was even a second floor to the building and exposed skylight in the middle of the room, which was surprising. The exterior architecture of the building on the outside didn't suggest the building had anything like a skylight on it.

 The exterior architecture of the building on the outside  didn't suggest the building had anything like a skylight on it

There was currently no one around.

"The sign on the front said it was open. Could I be mistaken, no, the door was open." She thought to herself.

Scarlett was looking down, pondering if she should leave, when from the corner of her eye, she thought she saw an indescribable creature emerge from the shadows with blue glowing dots for eyes looking at her. It was formless with limbs that would form then deform coming out of its "body".

  It was formless with limbs that would form then deform coming out of its  "body"