Prologue - The Beginning of the End

In the dark dank basement of an old house a ritual was being conducted.

The room with which this ritual was being performed was lightly furnished and dimly lit

The room with which this ritual was being performed was lightly furnished and dimly lit. Only candles illuminated the space. At the center was a large pentagram in an unknown language and surrounded by candles.

A person in ragged clothing stood at the edge of the pentagram mumbling an unknown language.

This person was John Li. A desperate man on his last legs in life. In another time he would have never imagined doing something like this. He was a respectable man from a well off, but humble family. That was until a series of misfortune befell him.

An airplane crashed over the ocean with his whole family aboard. There were no survivors. His sisters, mother, father, aunty and uncles were all gone. He had been too busy with work to go on the family vacation then. Now he wished he could have been there. The death of his family began the start of a series of heartache, and he would have rather died with his family than lived these last two years.

A year after their death, his fiance Lisa cheated on him and was attempting to steal all his money. She had managed to find a legal loophole to cheat John out of his family inheritance with her new lawyer boyfriend. John had spent the last year trying to appeal the court.

He was absolutely devastated by this. Not only did his ex-wife betray him in his moment of need, she was actively trying to steal what little he had left of his family. The inheritance was mostly land and a bunch of artifacts his father collected. It all probably could sell for a good amount, but John had no intention of selling, it all held so much sentimental value to him. The home he grew up in, the exotic antiques his father would collect, the cottage he would spend summers at, were all going to be taken away.

His ex could do this because of his mental breakdown at work. The death of his family caused so much stress that he just snapped. He screamed at customers and insulted his boss and then was fired. Lisa used that outburst, claiming that John was too mentally unwell to look after himself, allowing her to manage John's finances. In doing so, she was enriching herself and leaving John with nothing.

Her new boyfriend Rick was beyond cruel too. It was ultimately his idea to steal John's inheritance. Thanks to his Lawyer background, he knew exactly what he needed to do in court to get John's money. To further help his case against John's mental stability at the time, he was actively torturing him.

Rick would beat John in hopes of him having another mental breakdown. John couldn't fight back and went to the police with evidence of Rick's crimes, but Rick had connections and somehow got the police to do nothing.

The beating didn't work for a while, until Rick changed his tactics.

Six months ago, John woke up to find the decapitated head of his pet dog at the end of his bed. It was a bloody and gruesome sight to behold. The beating was bad enough, but when he saw his dog's bloody head it was too much. It was Johns last true remnant of the family he had, and it was horribly taken away from him like the rest.