28

Y/n sat in the floor, hugging her knees tightly to her chest. She stared up at the ceiling aimlessly.

She hadn't slept in the last couple of days since the rumbling had started. The sound of the titans marching had made her feel crazy. They echoed in her ears endlessly. She is would give anything for a moment of silence.

Across the floor lay both Porco and Reiner. They were both still entirely unconscious as they healed. They'd been left in horrific condition.

Y/n had never seen them like this. Usually they could recover much quicker. She did everything she could to not disturb them. They'd heal and effectively if they were left to rest.

Young Falco had been in and out for the entire time as well. Gaining the power of one of the nine was a very taxing ordeal. He was so young and it had happened under very uncertain circumstances making it even worse. He'd also been suffering the burden of Colt and Pieck's deaths. Y/n had hoped he wouldn't remember upon waking but he seemed to remember it all in graphic detail.

The scouts had lead them to an uninhabited house so they could lay low while the Jaegerists searched for them.

A stirring sound outside caught Y/n's attention.

Suddenly the door burst open sending her into a defensive panic. She sprang to her feet, prepared to protect her defenseless comrades.

Falco had awaken at this point and was watching fearfully from beside Reiner.

Armin, Connie, and Mikasa entered hastily. There was someone behind them with a hood on.

"What are you doing here?" Y/n demanded. "If you changed your mind about sparing us..."

"Quiet down, Y/n. That's not why we're here." The hooded figure clicked.

Y/n's blood ran cold.

The hood fell to reveal a face she thought she'd never see again.

"Annie." Y/n whimpered.

She threw her arms around Annie's waist catching her by surprise. She didn't move for a moment before patting Y/n's back gently.

"But, how? I thought you were dead!"

Annie smirked.

"Of course I'm alive."

"So then why are you all here? What's going on?" Y/n asked nervously, directing her attention back to the scouts.

"We need your help. Reiner and Porco too." Armin began. "We're going to kill Eren and end this."

Y/n's eyes went wide.

"You're serious? I thought you were in support of Eren. You helped him raid Liberio and..."

"Y/n!" Armin interrupted. "We didn't have a choice. At least we thought we didn't. This has gone too far and we won't stand for it. I just wanted to secure our freedom and right to live. Not take it away from others."

Y/n took a long deep breath.

She looked away from Armin and to Porco.

"Even if we help you, isn't it already too late for Marley?" She asked softly.

The scouts looked surprised and dejected, like they'd hoped she wouldn't point it out.

"I don't know. But even if we can't save Marley we can still save millions of others. We have to try." Armin countered.

Y/n, still looking at Porco, began to tear up. They would never get to go home again. That home and everyone inside would be destroyed. The people in the internment zone didn't even know what was headed their way or that they were powerless to stop it.

"Okay. I'll help you. I can probably talk Porco into it too but I'll leave Reiner to you." She finally replied, biting her lip.

Annie walked directly passed Y/n and stood in front of Reiner.

She pushed his head back with her boot, startling him awake.

"W-what?" Reiner stammered, hardly conscious.

He stared up at the group in confusion and fear.

"Don't worry Mr. Braun. We're all on the same side now." Falco tried to ease Reiner.

Y/n ignored them for the time being and rushed toward Porco.

She lightly shook his shoulders and his eyes fluttered open slowly.

"Y/n?" He whispered, confused and dazed.

He grabbed her arm gently.

"Porco, people need our help. Please just hear us all out."

Y/n tried to keep her voice steady.

"What are you talking about, Y/n? Who are those people? What's going on?" Porco started to become defensive.

He sat up quickly revealing his bare chest as the blanket fell to his lap.

"Pocko. It's okay. They're part of the scout regiment. They want to stop Eren too. If we help them we can stop the rumbling." Y/n explained as quickly and carefully as possible.

"He started the rumbling?" Porco went pale.

Y/n clutched his hands in hers.

"I had hoped I'd have more time to explain. Eren incapacitated Pieck and Reiner. He was able to make contact with Zeke and start the rumbling. Pieck sacrificed herself for Falco. He inherited the Cart titan right then and there. The scouts helped me get both of you her where the brought Reiner so the Jaegerists wouldn't find us. They saved us. Now they want to kill Eren and stop him from slaughtering the world. They need our help Pock. Please." She pleaded.

Porco thought for a moment.

"Is this what you want?" He asked tenderly.

She struggled to get the words out as she thought.

"Yes, it is."

"Then I'll do everything I can." Porco answered with a nod.

They both looked over as Connie called out through the room.

"Alright then, it's settled. Let's save the world."