They snuck into the walls in the earliest hours of the morning. Paradis had truly let down their guard in the wake of the attack on Marley.

They would never see this coming. Not for a while at least.

Y/n, Pieck, and Porco ducked into an alleyway in a small city inside wall Maria. They'd snuck into Shiganshina to enter the wall, the same city they'd invaded so many years ago.

"These are forged permits to enter wall Rose and wall Sina. We'll have to stagger our entry to avoid suspicion and we'll regroup in the interior." Y/n whispered.

"How will we get into their military?" Pieck asked confused.

"Once we reach wall Sina we can lay low in the underground. Soldiers go missing there all the time. They won't suspect a thing and with any luck we'll walk out with some MP uniforms."

Y/n spoke as confidently as she could through her nerves. She could be recognized at any moment. Hiding in plain sight like this was a huge risk.

Once she got her hands on a uniform she'd put more effort into disguising herself. She had to be tactful.

"Porco, head to the gate to our right to enter. Pieck, you'll go further down to the next one. I'll go the other way. Try to pass through when they're at their busiest. The more overwhelmed the guards are, the less likely they'll catch onto anything. I'll meet you all in wall Sina near the square in Mitras."

Porco and Pieck nodded curtly and stalked off in opposite directions through the alleyway.

Y/n waited for few moments before leaving to avoid any suspicion from civilians nearby.

She casually slipped into the street and did her best to blend into the crowd.

She was stunned for a moment looking out into the crowd. It was too bizarre.

She held her scarf over her head to hide her features.

The crowd flowed easily and nobody batted an eye. Paradis had been a place of civil unrest with the shifting powers. People were far too consumed with the press and military to pay attention to the strangers among them.

It made easy passage for Y/n.

She got through both walls seamlessly before sundown. Not a single soul gave her the time of day between Shiganshina and Mitras, exactly what she had hoped for.

She kept her head down in the capital while she circled the square looking for Pieck and Porco. Her stomach began to hurt with anxiety when she didn't find them as quickly as she had wanted to.

She couldn't pace forever. Someone would take notice.

Y/n strode over to a newspaper stand and purchased a copy. She sat against a wall near an alleyway and an entrance to the underground, both in sight of the square.

She pulled the scarf closer to her face. Pieck and Porco would be able to identify her by the scarf and she could hide her face while she waited.

A man passing by her tossed coins at her feet assuming her to be a homeless beggar.

As darkness encased the city Y/n heard footsteps up the alley. They were frantic and approaching quickly.

Her heart dropped into her stomach. She couldn't make out a thing in the darkness.

"There you are." Pieck sighed.

She and Porco emerged from the shadows. Y/n looked around to ensure that the coast was clear before jumping to her feet and meeting them further into the darkness.

Porco hugged her tight, catching her off guard.

"We couldn't find you. I thought maybe they had taken you." He stressed.

His face was a little pale from the worry.

"Oh, you should have seen him. I've never seen someone sweat so much." Pieck giggled softly. "I told him you were around here somewhere."

"Did you guys get lost?" Y/n asked confused.

It took a very long time for them to find her. The interior wasn't very big after all.

"I don't know. We made it here so we were either completely lost and lucky or right on track." Pieck teased.

"Yes. This place is so confusing." Porco corrected.

Y/n laughed softly.

Y/n, Annie, Reiner, and Bertholdt had struggled with it themselves when they first arrived as kids. The streets were narrow and winding. The houses all looked similar. It was a maze to a foreigner.

"Alright, let's get underground. We can rest and catch up there." Y/n instructed.

This stairway to the underground was one of the only ones left unguarded. Y/n had learned of it in the early days of her time on the island. Annie had done some digging on the royal family and used the shady nature of the underground as cover.

After their decent, Porco slung his arm over Y/n's shoulder affectionately.

"I missed you." He said in a low whisper.

"I'm sorry. I missed you too." Y/n replied with a small frown.

Pieck sighed from behind them. "You guys are suffocatingly sweet."

Porco rolled his eyes and Y/n smiled, leaning her head onto Porco's shoulder.

They walked for a while until Y/n stopped them. They were deep enough in the avoid any trouble from up top. There would still be patrols but they were almost guaranteed an escape of some sort if they were confronted.

They settled in yet another dark alleyway. This one was particularly empty and cold. It carried a very negative energy. Y/n could almost feel the countless murders that must've happened there.

"This is a good enough spot. We should hang out here for now." Y

said, leaning back against the wall and sliding down to the floor.

Porco and Pieck joined her on the pavement.

"Hopefully some soldier come by soon. We can pull them into the alleyway, disarm them, and steal their uniforms." She continued.

"Will we be bothered here?" Pieck asked Y/n nervously.

"Not likely. We'll lay low and learn what we can over the course of the next week and then we'll strike like Marley planned."

Y/n set her head on Porco's shoulder. It felt good to relax into him after a long day. The stress had been eating her alive.

Porco set his head on hers to relax as well.

"Are you alright?" He whispered to her.

"I'm okay. Just uneasy." She frowned.

She heard Porco sigh.

"Let's rest. We have a big job ahead of us." Pieck yawned.

Y/n and Porco quietly agreed and Pieck curled up across the alley.

The pair stayed close together, finding comfort in the other. Y/n cozied up into his side.

He placed a gentle his to the top of her head.

"Relax, honey." He comforted.