"I never thought I'd be happy to be in Liberio, but every time we're away I miss it." Y/n smiled softly.

She and Porco walked toward the gate to the internment zone. They were escorted by military personnel.

Gabbi had once again resorted to shouting and cheering to express her excitement.

She spun in circles with her arms outstretched.

"Oh how I've missed you, Liberio!" The girl cried out.

Y/n and Porco were just a few steps behind her. Falco rushed past them quickly, catching up to Gabbi.

"I'm glad we're home. Now I can resume my training so I can inherit the armor." He said, determined.

The little girl frowned at him.

"You'll never surpass me Falco. Too little too late." She replied harshly.

Y/n felt disappointed.

She wished they could just be kids.

Y/n and Porco caught up them as they had now stopped in the middle of the moving crowd.

She placed a hand on either of their heads.

"Don't work yourselves to death kiddos. You need to rest." She smiled down at them before continuing on.

"Yeah. Thanks Ms. Y/l/n." Falco replied sheepishly.

Porco followed closely behind her.

"You worry too much about those kids." He said softly.

He seemed concerned.

"I can't help it. I see us in them. They're exactly how we were then. I want better for them." She replied with a twinge of sadness.

"I see it too." Porco frowned.

"Y/n! Stay sharp." Magath called from beside them.

She smiled at him and gave a friendly wave.

She'd formed an odd bond with the commander but she hoped she wouldn't have to see him again any time soon.

This peace time likely wouldn't last long but that didn't stop them all from hoping.

The gates were pushed open to reveal dozens of families hopeful that they'd find their loved one in the crowd of returners.

Y/n's stomach lurched. Many of them would find out now that their son, daughter, husband, wife, brother, or sister hadn't made it.

Porco's parents' faces stood out in the crowd. His mother's cheeks were stained with tears as the older couple held each other.

Y/n and Porco made their way to them where they were quickly embraced.

His parents pulled the pair in close.

"Oh I'm so relieved to see the two of you in good health." His father chuckled.

"I've missed your sweet faces." His mother doted.

Porco looked over to Y/n with a tired smile.

They both knew his mother would go on about her love for them for as long as they'd let her.

"It's good to see you too." He replied.

His mother turned her attention to Y/n.

Her eyes full of adoration.

"You've grown into such a beautiful woman, Y/n. If only your father could see you now." She said.

Y/n smiled weakly at the mention of her father. She'd give nearly anything for him to be there when she walked through the gates.