20

Y/n stirred awake at a loud banging noise outside. She sat up groggily and tugged at the curtain next to the bed.

Porco groaned beside her as the light from outside washed over him.

She squinted into the light to see hundreds of people crowding the streets.

Vendors were hard at work on the sidewalks putting up stalls and banners to sell various food and items.

They weren't Eldians. There were people from all over Marley and the world.

"Porco, they're setting up for the festival." Y/n whispered in awe.

"That's today?" He asked through a yawn.

He struggled to keep his eyes open.

"Yeah I almost forgot. We should go. This is a rare opportunity." She said excitedly.

She perked up quickly at the thought.

"You want to go out already?" Porco asked surprised.

"Yes." She answer shyly.

Porco ran his hand over his face.

"Alright let's get ready." He said, pulling the blanket off himself so he could get out of bed.

Anything for her. It didn't matter that he was dead tired.

"Thanks Pock. I'm gonna take a quick shower." She smiled as she jumped up out of the bed.

She scampered to the bathroom, leaving Porco to wake up a bit.

She flipped on the shower to let it heat up while she collected all her best smelling soaps and perfumes from the cabinet.

It wasn't often they got to experience something as exciting as a festival. This one was special too. This wouldn't just be people from the internment zone.

This festival would be the first time they would get to interact with people from around the world where their objective wasn't to kill them.

Y/n stepped into the hot running water. It ran down her body soothing her. She could feel the weight of the world on her shoulders lately.

The surmounting pressure of the coming war was killing her. She decided to let it all wash down the drain for now. This was her time to relax.

She could spend time having fun with Porco and her friends.

She scrubbed away her worries until she felt fresh and new.

She stepped out of the shower into the cold bathroom.

Porco stood in front of the sink, half dressed, brushing his teeth.

She hugged him around the waist aggressively making sure her cold wet hair touched his ribs.

"Augh!" He shrieked, the toothbrush still in his mouth.

"This is my revenge!" Y/n laughed.

"Alright. I get it you monster." Porco laughed with her.

He was now covered in chills.

"Go get dressed." He told her as he pushed her away playfully.

She scampered off to their bedroom and began picking through her clothes and jewelry.

She settled on a sweet white top and long blue skirt. She didn't usually have a chance to wear the cute girly clothes she enjoyed so she decided to seize the opportunity.

She strung a dainty silver necklace around her neck and began to work on her hair.

Porco came back in and noticed her beginning to struggle.