TW: Smut! The first part of this chapter is important! I will let you know when to stop if you prefer to skip.

~

Y/n and Porco decided to return home for the night. They were both homesick and had a lot on their minds.

After a long shower, two lay in their bed together.

Porco sat upright against the wooden headboard while Y/n lay back against his torso. He had his arms wrapped around her waist and rested his head on hers.

"Y/n." Porco whispered.

"Yes, my love?"

Her voice was quiet and sweet.

Porco hesitated.

"Look at me please." He continued.

Y/n complied without argument. She turned to face him, kneeling between his legs.

"I was going to ask you after the festival. You looked so beautiful in your dress. I wanted to take a walk under the fireworks to the tree we would sit under as kids. It would've been perfect. I would wait for another opportunity like that but I know I can't. With things progressing as quickly and drastically as they have I don't know if I'll have another chance like this." Porco explained painfully.

Y/n watched in stunned silence as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small wooden engraved box. It was so intricate and pretty.

"I've loved you for as long as I can remember. Every moment with you is special and it always has been. I know I'm not the best with words or expressing emotions but I want you to know how much I love you, Y/n. I would give anything just to see you smile. You're so kind and beautiful and brilliant. I couldn't ask for anything more. You're perfect. I'm so proud of you and grateful to be able to call you mine. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, whatever that means for us. I promise to be there for you always. I'm devoted to you in a way I can't even explain. I will be the man you deserve as long as I'm alive." He continued.

He spoke gently but surely. He meant everything he said and it was clear.

He opened the charming little box to reveal a gorgeous ring. It was very delicate and dainty. It was exactly her taste. A teardrop stone in a stunning y/f/c shade with a thin (white) gold band.

"Pocko." She gasped.

"Marry me, Y/n. Once we get back from that island we can have the wedding of your dreams." He said passionately.

He searched her eyes as he waited eagerly for her response.

"Yes. Of course. I want nothing more." She smiled.

Porco let out his breath and returned her smile.

His hands shook a little as he slid the ring onto her finger.

"It's so beautiful Porco. I love it. Thank you." Y/n gushed.

"Anything for you." He smirked as he tapped her gently on the nose, making her laugh softly.

"This is our last night here together for a long time." She said, a little sad.

Porco's smirk only grew.