26

Pieck spit Y/n and Gabbi out onto a random street. Y/n held Gabbi to shield her from the fall as they hit the concrete.

Pieck immediately moved toward the surrounding soldiers where they began to equip her titan gear.

General Magath stood above them.

"Y/n! Gabbi!" He shouted angrily.

The two girls sat on the ground expecting to be scolded when suddenly they were wrapped into an aggressive hug by the general.

"Braun! Did I order you to pursue the enemy?" He demanded.

Gabbi sputtered frantic excuses and apologies.

"Where's Falco?" He stopped her.

"He's being detained in their HQ. The big building over there. He ingested some of Zeke's spinal fluid so they're holding him there with about three hundred other soldiers." Y/n replied with a frown.

"You're kidding me right?" Colt gasped.

Y/n hadn't noticed him standing there yet.

"Colt, I'm sorry." Y/n began before the General jumped in once again.

"Is it possible they could activate the founder?"

Y/n swallowed hard.

"I don't know. What I do know is that it's their trump card. If they haven't played it yet there must be a reason. There must be something keeping Eren from using the power of the founder, maybe some condition they haven't met.

Gabbi's eyes went wide.

"Wait. You now possess the founding titan as well as a titan with royal blood. I heard Zeke say those exact words on the airship."

Everyone snapped to look at her.

"It's possible. His parents were restorationists. Maybe..." Y/n trailed off. "We have to keep Eren and Zeke from making contact at all costs."

"We can't kill the founder. Doing so will just kick the can further down the road. We end this now or we fail. A warrior must eat him and gain his power." Magath ordered.

He and few other soldiers began to scale the ladder on Pieck's side to commandeer the weapons on her back.

"Y/n, hang back a minute. There's a squad tasked with retrieving that ODM gear for you." Colt said, grabbing her arm.

"Okay, once I join the fight you need to take Gabbi and find Falco. Keep them safe and get back to an airship." She replied.

Colt looked at her surprised.

"You're not going to try to stop me?"

Y/n smiled softly.

"I'm not naive Colt. I know nothing I say will stop you from trying to find him. Just make sure you get back safely." She said gently.

"Right. Thank you." He stammered.

He and Gabbi took off down the street while some Marleyan soldiers approached Y/n in the opposite direction.

While they were scrounging around in Paradis Y/n had gotten her hands on a set of ODM gear and stashed it in Shiganshina.

The soldiers had found it exactly as planned and were bringing it to her. This way she wouldn't have to fight to get a hold of it. The tanks were full of gas and the blades were fresh. It would put her in a better position than when she had stolen some off of a corpse in Liberio.

"Here you go Ms. Y/l/n. We came as fast as we could." The soldier gasped.

"Thank you. You're dismissed."